3

"Are you ok?" Alan asked.

"I'm fine. At least we can retrace our steps somewhat." Phil answered.

"Guys, let's just get the car and go to the hospital to make sure Doug is ok." Stu urged.

"I hope we didn't damage the Mercedes at all." Ari prayed as she waited with Stu and Alan outside while Phil was in the lobby to get the car. She tried to occupy her mind with people watching but her mind wandered.

"I don't think my dad would be happy if someone else drove the car. He loves it more than me." Alan said with an edge in his tone.

"It will be ok. It's the only fast way to get to the hospital. Doug could be hurt." said Ari. An orange construction lift and crew members on the roof caught Stu's eye.

"Do you know what happened over there?" he asked a man who was loading his golf clubs into a car.

"Yeah. Somebody threw their mattress onto the statue last night. Certain people go crazy in Vegas." Phil returned and Ari retold what the golfer said.

"How the hell did-" Phil stopped talking when a police car stopped in front of them and a valet employee stepped out.

"Here you are, officers."

"What the hell?" Ari whispered.

"Play cool and don't say anything." said Phil as he looked at the others and then to the valet boy. "Thank you." He opened the passenger door for Ari, Phil settled into the driver's seat, and Stu and Alan sat in the back. To make matters worse, it was the morning rush hour.

"This is so illegal." mumbled Stu.

"Can you see the fun in anything?" Phil was enjoying this a little too much.

"Yeah. We're stuck in traffic with a stolen police car. How is this fun??"

"I think the cop car part is cool." Alan chimed in.

"I'm not a fan for grand theft auto but I kind of agree." Ari said.

"Thank you Ari and Alan. Doug would love it." Other people, including Phil, were getting more impatient. "Come on!" Phil yelled and honked the horn. "Check this out." He flashed the lights and drove up on the sidewalk.

"Oh no! No no no no. Don't do this! Take it easy. You're going to draw more attention to us. Get off the sidewalk!" Stu cried.

Phil grabbed the mini radio that connects to the speaker. "Attention. Attention. Get out of the way." Pedestrians saw the car slowly roll towards them and jumped out of the way. "I repeat. Please disperse." Ari couldn't help but crack a smile.

Stu squirmed. "Stop, stop, stop. Stop the car. Pull over. I wanna get out."

Phil was smiling. "I should have been a fucking cop! This is way better than being stuck in a classroom all day." Once the car was able to get back on the road, Ari turned the sirens on and Phil floored it.

********

"Keep an eye out for Doug. This hospital is large." Phil instructed as they got out of the car and they ran towards the general front door, not wanting to waste time.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" a blonde receptionist asked.

"We have a situation. The four of us woke up this morning feeling terrible with zero memory of last night, Phil was apparently in the emergency room, and our friend, Doug Billings, is missing. Can you check to see if he's still here?" Stu asked.

The receptionist's face was confused and not sure if Stu knew what he was saying. "Um, I'm going to pause you there because I'm confused. There are only three of you here."