7

"Fuck those guys! You hear me? That was bullshit! I'm telling everyone we stole a cop car." Stu fumed with his arms crossed as the group waited in front of the impound office.

"Who cares? They let us go. I would rather be tased than get locked up in prison. Don't tell people that we stole the car either." Phil muttered.

"I care! You just can't do that. You can't tase people because you think that's funny. It's police brutality."Stu took a deep breath to calm himself down. "I'm getting a soda. You guys want anything?"

"No." Phil answered quietly with a shake of his head.

Alan got to his feet. "Yeah, I'll go with you."

"My man just doesn't shut up. Jesus Christ." Phil turned to look at Ari and saw that she was deep in thought. He knew that it helped her to get things off her chest by talking about what is on her mind. "Ari, are you ok?"

"I didn't picture the bachelor party to go this way at all. Getting drugged, you being in the hospital from getting hurt in a fight, us making out and sleeping together when we're not in a relationship, losing Doug, me passing out from an adrenaline rush, witnessing Eddie being shot, and you guys being tased." She continued to bounce her knee and drew a breath. "It's so much to deal with in a such a short amount of time."

Phil scooted closer to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, making Ari feel calmer. "I understand how you feel. I feel the same way. Hopefully this is the last of the mess. It's going to be ok and we will find Doug. I promise that I won't let anything happen to you."

"I'll tell you something. Six to one odds our car is beat to SHIT." Stu quipped as he cracked open his can of Coca Cola and Alan scarfed down barbecue flavoured chips.

"Stu, not now."

"No, how much do you want to bet? I say it's fucked beyond recognition." Phil stood up and took a step towards Stu, his protectiveness kicking in.

"Look, Ari is seriously worried. Let's not freak out her more. She's dealt with enough today. A little bit more than us guys have." He discreetly gestured to his stomach.

"Ari, I'm sorry. It's all going to be ok. We'll search the car for clues." Stu patted her on the shoulder as the group heard a car come towards them.

"Oh god." "I can't look." Please be alright." The group prayed and turned away.

Ari peaked through her fingers when she heard the car stop in front of them and gasped. "It's perfectly fine!"

"Wow!" "Alright!" "Thank god!"

"You see? It's going to be alright." Phil repeated to Ari.

********

"Find anything?" Phil asked everyone as he flipped the sun visor down as he drove the Mercedes.

Ari opened the gray glovebox lid and rummaged through it. "I found a cigar and a small first aid kit."

"I found a black shoe." Alan declared.

"Are they women's shoes?"

Alan turned the boot around in his hands. "I'm not sure. Ari, is this yours?"

Ari turned in her seat and took it from him. "No, I only brought runners and high heels with me. This is a men's size six. How do you lose a shoe? Even when you are sober?"

"It's not my shoe." Stu and Phil said.

"What's this? A snakeskin?" Phil, Ari, and Stu quickly turned their heads and felt disgusted when Alan tossed it onto Stu's shoulder.