Chapter 42

"Or because you're in love with my daughter?" My father fixes his gaze on Jamie, which is impossible to read. 

 Before I could change the subject, Jamie cut me off. "Both." 

 I nearly choke on the water I was drinking. "What?" 

 He turned to me and smiled. "Adam hired me to take care of you and to keep you from danger. I know I was very stern and professional at first but once I took you to the cabin, things changed. You made me feel like I could be myself. I feel carefree every time I'm with you. It's been a few rough months for you and yes, I'm sorry I broke your phone." I laughed. "But, I'm not doing this just to protect you but because I've fallen in love with you." He slowly got down on one knee and took a small box out of his jacket. "Charlotte, will you marry me?" 

 "YES! YES!" 

 He smiled and slid the ring on my finger. "I had to make this memorable in front of your parents." 

 "So, Jamie." He looked at my dad and smiled. 

"Yes, sir?" 

 "Tell me a little about yourself since we haven't had the chance to talk. How did you become her bodyguard?"

 I watch with interest as Jamie talks with my father. He seems so at ease with my dad. While the two men talk, Hannah whispers into my ear. "It looks like your dad really likes him." 

 I smile and hug her. "I agree." I can't believe I'm engaged to Jamie! It feels like a fairy tale dream that I just woke up to. I couldn't help but smile. Jamie looks over at me and smirks. I think back to everything we've gone through. I'm so glad he feels the same way. 

 That night: "Are you sure you don't need anything?" My mother asked. 

 "Yes, we're good."

 "No tea or water?" 

 "Mom. We're good."

 "Fine, fine. I'll leave now." She hugs me then walks to the door, closing it behind her.

Jamie can't seem to hold in his laugh any longer. "It's so not funny!" 

 "It kind of is babe."

 "I can't believe you proposed."

 "I couldn't wait any longer." He walks towards me and bends down so his lips are inches from mine. I shut my eyes as I felt his breath against my lips. His hand wraps around my waist while the other comes up to cup my cheek. His am guides me closer until our bodies are fully lined up. I can feel every part of his strong body pressing up against mine, building pleasure in between my legs. He carefully leans forward to press his lips to mine. 

My body immediately responds, not being able to resist him any longer. My arms wrap around his neck as I part my lips and kiss him back. When his tongue brushes up against mine, I shiver in pleasure. It feels different this time. Every soft caress, every gentle touch, every passionate connection of his tongue on mine tells me what he's feeling inside. When he breathes out, he sighs my name, and it forms something in my chest. Something so painfully good that I never want it to end. His fingers move down to grasp my top and slowly, they begin to pull it up and over my head. I follow his lead and lift his shirt up so I can feel his warm skin. His hands softly grip the back of my thighs. He effortlessly lifts me up until my legs are wrapped around him. I feel almost weightless as he climbs onto the bed and lays me down beneath him. His lips trail down my neck, causing a low moan to escape from my lips. "I love the way you taste." He interlaces his fingers with mine and pins my hands up by my head. He slowly grinds his hips against my thighs, cousin my legs to tremble from the friction. As he sucks my neck, my back arches from the pleasure. Before I can moan his name, he lays his hand over my mouth. "Shh..." 

His lips come back up to capture mine and swallow my moans. A hand travels down between my legs causing me to start trembling. "We have to be quiet, baby." His fingers slowly enter inside me. "Think you can be quiet, baby?" 

As he speeds the pace up, he kisses me before I can moan. "Please fuck me." I grip the sheets as I feel his hardness rub against me, hitting all the right spots until he slowly slides inside me. 

"Fuck, holy shit." 

 "Shh.." He picks up the pace once he's fully inside me, kissing me causing me to reach my breaking point. 

 "I'm gonna cum. Oh my god." His mouth covers mine before I scream. I wrap my legs around his hips to feel him deeper, causing the ripple to travel down my body. 

 "Fuck baby, I'm gonna cum." After we're both done, he finishes inside of me and lays next to me. A smile comes across his face when he sees me moving closer. His arm comes around my waist, and he pulls me tight into his side. "I love you." He whispered.

 "Jamie, I love you too. So so much."