✦6 - ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ʙᴀʙʏsɪᴛᴛᴇʀ✦

~~~~~1st Person POV~~~~~

It was finally Saturday evening.. afternoon? I dunno, but it's around 5pm.

Loid- Father? Papa? I'm still unsure what to refer him as, to be honest.. Ugh. Whatever.

Father was getting ready to leave, wearing sort of casual clothing as he slung the strap of the definitely not suspicious dufflebag over his shoulder.

He looked over to Anya and I and said, "Your babysitter should arrive soon. When she gets here, I want you guys to behave. Listen to her."

Then he glanced at Anya and pointed a finger at her. "Especially you. No more following me. I don't want to have to block the door again."

Anya just stared at him with a slightly agape mouth and nodded slightly while I snickered. "Yes, Sir!" I jokingly saluted with a grin on my face.

Father nodded, "Good."

The doorbell rang. He approached the door, pausing once and glancing at us, before finally opening the door.

They seemed to talk for a bit before he finally came back, "This is your babysitter for tonight." He moved out of the way so she could enter our line of sight.

There, stood a woman, still wearing her coat and scarf, the former still buttoned all the way. She wore white boots and her familiar long, ginger hair was down, adorning a cute black bow.

Wait.. Isn't that-

"Hello! Its nice to meet you guys! You can call me Ai!" Ai said energetically with a closed-eye smile.

I stood there with my mouth now agape, all thoughts and plans of causing chaos dispersing, while Anya simply pointed at her and said, "Pretty."

Ai blushed a bit, "A-ah, really? Thank you, you look pretty too!" She stuttered, before her eyes trailed to me.

"Ah, it's you!" She smiled. "I'm glad to see you got adopted this fast. A bit sad that I couldn't myself though."

"You know Y/n?" Father inquired, facing her. 'This could be bad. If she knows her and about the orphanage, she could be a liability,' he thought. I frowned slightly, glancing at him for a split second from the corner of my eye before returning back to the ginger in front of me.

Ai nodded, "Mhm! I was the one who brought her there. She's a nice kid." She patted my head as she said so, while I awkwardly glanced away. Right.. nice..