6: Conviction

Watching him fall from the sky was the most releasing feeling, thank god he was finally dead. You definitely needed to visit the brothers sometime to thank them and congratulate their efforts, not only for it working so well but for the fact that you appreciated them and everything they were doing. You just needed to wait a small bit longer, then you could show your cards, show your hand, what you'd been hiding, planning.

Euphoria spread through your body as his was left behind in the ocean below, hopefully he would fall down to hell just as hard as he had fallen into the ocean, because you knew he deserved it. And you couldn't wait to be there, greeting him as you bent him to his knees and made him beg for everything he did not deserve in the slightest.

But it would be funny to see him try. Even though you knew he couldn't.

Even though you wanted him to try, just to watch his miserable self fail.

Feeling the eyes of someone on you, you looked around in the direction where you felt the hair on your neck stand up. Turning around you noticed a group of men of different social status' standing around beneath the mast, near the crows nest at the bottom. Looking over at them, you noticed a familiar green eyed man, staring over at you. Along with his brothers and two friends.

You simply smiled back at Albert, bowing and walking away, note in hand as they gazed at you from afar.

If they really wanted to know, they would understand, it isn't their time yet. It will come, but not nearly as soon as it should.

Walking away you smiled as you didn't look back at the men who stared at you intently as you went down into the depths of the deck below.

Looking down at your watch, you grew anxious of the time. It hindered in your mind like bad foresight, plaguing your brain as you tried to think less about Sherlock, but looking over at John, next to you. You could tell he was having similar thoughts as you, even though he tried to hide it, his facade was easily toppled.

Anxiety plagued you, but trying to comfort John would no doubt allow you to feel a bit more at ease. You knew Sherlock would come, but when was a different question, not to mention if he was being followed it would take him longer to arrive than either him or you expected which was not ideal.

But you believed in him, you trusted him. To an extent, you truly trusted his intellect more than his scrambled sense of self. Although sometimes it was funny, now is not the time for fun and jokes, now it was time to get serious.

You sat beside Watson as your back leaned against the wall of the bridge, as he checked his watch for the 40th time. You sighed, "checking your watch isn't going to help John."

"We just have to trust that he will come. You trust him... do you not?" You looked up at him as he looked down towards you.

"It's not that, it's just..." he sighed, putting on hand on his face and looking down at the river before him. "I just never thought I would've been dragged into anything like this."

"That's fair," You spoke nonchalantly, leaning your head back to look at the ceiling of the bridge. "Honestly, I knew what I was getting into I'm not surprised you didn't." You told him.

He looked at you, confused and  quite shocked, "What do you mean?". You looked towards him, "I know things, John. I know things not even Holmes and his enemy know."

You smiled, watching the river flow, "If only you knew..." You spoke ominously. He looked down at you concerned. "I know what you're thinking, but he already knows."

The silence that followed afterwards enveloped you and John, you could tell her was even more anxious and on edge because of the sweat that formed at his brow and how he tugged at his collar. And for the final time he checked his watch.