10: Pleasant Surprise

You allowed Holmes a moment to himself to explain to the detectives the play that had been orchestrated out before him, excusing yourself you let go of Holmes' hand, leaving him to his own devices.

He looked back towards you as you walked away, but you knew he needed his time. A small glance of a smirk played on his lips as he watched you walk away until the door had closed. And a certain emotion kept locked in his eyes was released once your back had been turned towards him.

He would miss you.

The smile that you portrayed however, disappeared the moment you left the building, and once left to your own mind, you began recounting everything over and over again as it had happened. You walked, seemingly aimless as you got lost within your own mind.

You knew he needed his space and you didn't want to intrude on this case anymore than you already had.

.

.

.

.

_______

                     "A person who thinks all the time, has nothing to think about except thoughts. So, he loses touch with reality, and lives in a world of illusions. By thoughts I mean specifically, chatter in the skull. Perpetual and compulsive repetition of words, of reckoning, of calculating."

~Alan Wilson Watts

_______

---

Meanwhile

---

"Consulting Detective: Sherlock Holmes." Moriarty spoke as he set down his tea cup on its' saucer, making a small clink as it was set down gently. 

Folding his hands together in his lap he continued, "Somehow he managed to slip away from Scotland Yard and solve the case." He recounted.

Albert sat beside his brother, them all seeming to have tea as they sat around a table together. The older brother held his cup in his hand, taking sips every now and again.

"Thoughts?" Moriarty continued, passing the question on towards the others in the room.

"Very impressive the way he decerned the murder was planned by a separate individual." Albert chimed, pausing as he looked up at his brother, continuing his thought. "I would say his competency as a detective appears to be quite genuine."

Louis stood next to the cart at attention, waiting for instruction or to be called upon, Sebastian leaned on one of the many window sills' placed throughout the room. Sitting on one further away from the cart then Louis did, yet staying by Williams side. Fred was leaned on a cabinet behind William, observing the room with the exit door between him and Seb.

William continued as Albert moved to set down his cup, "The audition provided us with all the answers we had hoped it would. We knew what sort of mind he had, but nothing of his heart."

Looking back on the information told to him by Fred, he looked in the distance, fondly, watching the shapes and colors twist and form what had happened that night.

"My goal was to see whether he'd resort to any means in order to achieve his, and he won't."

Sebastian chimed in from where he sat on the sill, looking towards William as he spoke, "Even after we offered him all the answers on a silver platter, no dice, he still didn't go for Hopes  proposal."

"According to Williams analysis" Began Louis, "Holmes has a keen interest in finding the mastermind, the one pulling the strings from the dark." Looking off in the distance, he thought out loud, providing input when needed.