Chapter 5

Raven's POV

It has been 2 weeks since Holly was born. I haven't seen, or heard anything from Laughing Jack since he was last here. I really miss him. He's missing out on seeing Holly grow up. I look over at the crib and smile. Holly's now pink eyes stare at me, a huge grin on her face, as she shakes a rattle around, narrowly missing Ben, who has been playing with her.

"Hey! Watch it!" He said, not able to keep a straight face. I laughed. She giggled, a magical note, which she inheritated from me. Ben sighed with joy, closing his eyes for a second. "The sound she makes is so beautiful... definitely inheritated from her mother." He said with a grin.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at the door, and my heart dropped to my knees. Ben laughed at something Holly did and turned, his grin slowly fading as he started to see what I did. He stood up, and planted himself in front of Holly's crib, as to protect her. "Laughing Jack." He said with disgust. I blinked, at first not accepting it. "LJ?" I said, taking a step towards him.

He nodded, taking a step back. "I came for the child, Raven. I can't stand us being apart. So, the child must leave." He said, looking at Ben, who prepared his sword. I shook my head, instantly snapping to attention. "You will not lay a finger on my daughter!" I said, venom practically spitting between each word. "Understand that Laughing Jack. Just learn to love your daughter!" I screamed.

He lunged forward, laughing as I stood my ground. I stared into his eyes, mine turning pitch black. "YOU WON'T HURT HER!" I bellowed, my fists slamming into his stomach. He flew back, against the door. I breathed heavily, grabbing a handful of his hair, and dragging him outside. I put my face right up against his.

" You listen here. Unless you can learn to love your daughter,then I will never come back to you. No matter what, I will never let you put your hands on her to harm her. Got that?" I spit the words out, practically ready to smash his skull in.

LJ looked up into my eyes, teeth bared. "Raven... what has that little monstrosity done to my little demon..." He put a hand on my cheek, softly caressing it, as he looked into my eyes. My eyes faded to a dark blue, staring into LJ's eyes. They were filled with tears, which caused me to start tearing up as well.

LJ sighed, and stood up, and put his hands around my throat. "I guess I have to do this the hard way." He said, his grip tightening. I gagged, tugging at the hands around my neck. "B-ben!" I choked. Ben glared at LJ, taking out his sword. "You shouldn't have done that." He said quietly, running straight at LJ.

LJ just grinned, and turned, putting me in Ben's aim, causing his sword to go through me. "Thanks Ben. I knew I could count on you." Ben winced and looked at me. "I'm sorry Raven!" He said as I changed into my form. I was now wearing my dress, and had my Black bag. I pulled the sword out, wincing a bit. "It's cool Ben." I said, my eyes darkening.

"Why can't you love her?!" I screamed at LJ, dodging his long arms trying to grab me. "It's nothing more than a foul creature." He spit back. He grabbed my throat, raising me up in the air. I kicked his arm and bit his finger, ending up with a huge cut, but with success in getting him to drop me.

I pointed a finger at him as I made a long, Black, slimy tendril spurt from the wall. I twirled my finger, causing it to twirl around Laughing Jack, binding him to the wall. I walked over to Ben, and whispered to him, carefully making Sure that LJ couldn't hear me. "Ben. I need you to take Holly to Daddy's place. Its breaking my heart, but I need to be Sure that she will be safe. Gandalf won't let just anyone in. And Daddy can protect her. I must deal with LJ. Please, get her there safely." I whispered, looking up at him with tears in my eyes.

He nodded, carefully picking up Holly, who I walked over to. "Holly. My dear baby..." I choked. I kissed her on her cheek. "I love you. I'll come back for you." I watched as Ben took the bracelet I had lent to him, and teleported, to where I hope was safety. "Now, where were we?" LJ said with a smirk. I sighed, and tired to face him, praying that my daddy would keep her safe.