Chapter 15 The Dragon Charmers

Zeta leads the way through the forest as there was a clear air of tension. One of the guardians right here in front of them was Yuri's mother but he was too scared to even approach her.
His fear was obvious but Hideko wanted to start something as she walks over to Yuri.
"What now oh so fearless leader?"
"Hideko please not right now."
"Why not is it you planning some daring scheme oh maybe you'll slingshot one of us into the enemy, oh, or maybe you'll throw soma and ash off a cliff you sure do love that." Yuri immediately turns to face Hideko as they stare each other down.
"Do you have a problem with the way I lead this group?"
"Yes in fact I do have a problem with it!" Everyone stops as Yuri and Hideko start to argue.
"Oh great does everyone have an issue with the way I run this group!?"
"Yes especially when you risk our lives for no reason!"
"If this is about what happened with gray-"
"NOT JUST GRAY! All of us Yuri! Slingshotting seraphim through a small opening and hoping she would make it out!"
"She made it! We are here that's what matters Hideko!"
"Here!? What even is here!? A sorry excuse for an army and a losing war!"

"They are our family!"
"I don't have any family here the only person I have is bronya and if you risk her life again I won't hesitate to leave this group with her." Zeta walks over and looks extremely unamused.
"So you are just gonna let a subordinate reject your authority kid?"
"She isn't a subordinate she is a person! Hideko what do you want it's not like we can just find a new leader!"
"We can! soma!" She points to Soma as she nervously looks around.
"She lead an entire conglomerate and managed to get two cities of rendfall on her side I say she is a much better leader than Yuri here who agrees?" She raises her hand as bronya joins her along with Astrid and Sasha.
"And those opposed?" Yuri, Gray, seraphim, and Selena raise theirs making it a tie as Ash didn't vote.
"Well, ash?"
"Im abstaining from this foolishness we are about to fight in a war stop acting like idiots and focus!" Zeta chuckles.
"Ash was it? I like your spirit kid."
"I don't need your praise we are working together so both sides should be at their best for guaranteed results." Zeta laughs hard.
"Good to hear I expect you all to put in your best effort we are here." They see the entrance to the enemy base ahead as Zeta leaps up onto a tree branch as her hand starts to glow.

"What is she doing."
"Zeta comes from a family of dragon charmers I haven't unlocked my mark yet but it allows you to summon-" they hear a large draconic roar as a silver dragon shoots white lightning into the base throwing the enemy into disarray.
"Now the kids it's time to show me what you've got and hunt!" She leaps inside as the others join in the battle their forces were easy enough to fight wasn't anything harder than some bandits for most of them but Yuri was too preoccupied with his mother there she was a complete force on the field he just had to talk to her but why was he scared?

"Yuri! You have to focus!" Gray grabs Yuri's arm to get him out of the trance.
"I can't talk to her gray!"
"Why not?" He punches a soldier about to attack them as Yuri gathers his thoughts.
"She is a dragon charmer I should have gained my mark when I was a kid its the reason I have such a massive need to show off!"
"Hey hey, this isn't therapy time Yui."
"God I hate that nickname." Gray chuckles.
"I know you do also here is some payback." He pushes Yuri into Zeta as she turns to look at him.
"H-hi!"
"Move..." she turns and swings wide cleaving the head of a soldier as she looks down at Yuri.
"Do we have a problem here?"
"No!...no I do but not with you I...im Yuri...im your son...I hope." Zeta smirks.
"You hope? Haha! You came all this way without knowing for sure?"
"Well yes! But im sure of it I have the mark of apocalypse." He turns his neck to show her as she has a glimmer of hope a soldier rushes over to her Yuri sees him first and moves her out of the way.
"Mom move!" He quickly cuts the man down as the rest begin to flee.