Chapter 18 Broken blood

They walk out onto the almost desolate city streets of the capital all life drained from the once peaceful city, Zeta looks depressingly at her former home as Astrid and Sasha try to keep a lookout for guards as diva appears.
"It seems we are clear until we enter the tower."
"Thank you diva lets rest for a bit before we enter."
"No, we only have so much time with the other stalling."
"I understand the concern but if we rush in without our heads straight then we will die and then Soma's plan will have been in vain." Zeta hears this and can't help but agree as they make a small campfire.

"Hey, Pam." Pam appears next to Sasha.
"Yeah, sash?"
"How did you guys feel about..asura?"
"Well she was one of us like a sister...her death hit us hard we are still reeling from it even now."
"But I could have saved her..."
"Hey stop that Sasha you couldn't have stopped that...have you been blaming yourself this whole time?" Sasha nods shyly as Astrid walks over hearing everything.
"Astrid! I-uh" Astrid hugs her as Sasha goes quiet.
"I don't want to disappoint you."
"Why do you even care about that?" Astrid cups Sasha's face.
"Because! You have done so damn much for me! Taking care of me, protecting, me risking your life for me! And what have I done in return!?"
"You have been there for me." She kisses Sasha as Zeta looks away along with the paths.

"I-i-oh!" Sasha blushes hard as she discombobulates from the kiss.
"You think only I have done anything? You are such a bright bundle of energy that you have changed my life just from being beside you you saved my life on a couple of occasions and you are just amazing all around sash." They both blush hard as they look away from each other.
"I was so scared of mistreating you that I said that we should wait."
"Well...do you want to wait?"
"No! But only if you are okay with it." Sasha nods as she pecks Astrid.
"So this means we are dating?"
"Why are you asking me, Astrid!? Hahaha!" They both laugh hard as Zeta smiles lightly.

"You too remind me of some friends I had a long time ago they are long dead by now but seeing you two so happy has given me hope again." She stands up.
"You two ready?" They both stand.
"ready!"

Meanwhile, the main battle still rages on as Soma and Ruda fight Seraphim and Selena does their best to keep Grimdark at bay.
"So you are the last cresthorne? Im not impressed."
"What does it matter to you?"
"Because I watched your bloodline die out it was quite fun." Soma swings her hammer from rage and misses as Ruda slashes ash blocks it.
"You won't get any closer...."
"What fun!" She splits her blade in half as she fights them both bronya was coughing her lungs out.
"Bronya what's wrong!?"
"Everything...hurts!" She coughs even more as water pours out of her mouth bronya starts to lose consciousness.
"Bronya!?" Everything goes silent as bronya wakes in a small village.

She gets up and looks around the unfamiliar architecture as she sees kids playing she watches them play with a leather ball.
"Fang Fang!" Bronya was unable to understand them as they played she moved on the sky started to darken as thunder struck the ground.
"Alle kom inn!" She hears that but she doesn't listen she hears the whispers of the sea as she turns to see a massive serpent rise from it.
"Ymir!" She hears the voice and turns as her eyes change to a purple hue, Strange patterns appear around her irises as she wakes up and looks around seeing the mana all around them.
"Are you okay?"
"Yes, I think I know how to beat this dragon now." She stands up confidently as her sickness subsides and she forms a spell circle as it changes into a runic symbol she starts to chant.
"Tiden er nå et eldgammelt beist for deg å vende tilbake fra Helvetic du krøp ut av!" She strikes the rune as a greenish bolt of lightning shoots out and hits Grimdark he roars as his body starts to weaken as his scales start to fall off.
"What black magic is this!?." Ruda looks at the magic and smirks as she dashes over to Hideko and Bronya.
"Stay away from her!" She makes a blade and slashes at Ruda as she leaps over Hideko noticing her mark as she lands in front of Bronya grabbing her by the collar.
"Isn't that just funny you bear the same blood as us~"
"What...what are you talking about?"
"å jeg er sikker på at du kjenner ymir~" (oh I'm certain you know ymir~) Bronya looks both confused and afraid as she struggles to break free from Ruda when suddenly chains wrap around the woman.
"Get your filthy hands off my Bronya!" She slings Ruda into the ground as she slams her hands together using all her dark magic slamming down multiple spikes on top of Ruda.
"Quite...impressive for a novice."
"We will see who is a novice after im done with you!"