Chapter One

Charles lay on the bed staring at the ceiling of a place that didn't belong to him, but in the same senesce did belong to him. The last thing he remembered was starting up his PS5 to play Hogwarts Legacy when his screen flashed and his head and hurt first before his eyes and then blanked out before waking up in the bed, he now lay in. 

    The wood of the ceiling was a medium tone of brown that flowed to the wood frame of the walls that weren't covered with dark red and fleurets wallpaper to the floorboards that were covered with different rugs that ranged from reds to tans and greens. Charles sat up and looked at himself and the bed, the bed itself was a large king-size bed with wine-red covers and creamy white pillows his skin was the same as it was from before light but not ghostly white his long brown hair seemed longer as it pooled around his shoulders.

Throwing back the blankets to slide out of the bed and let his bare feet touch the rug under the bed Charles felt like he was younger than 15 but when he tried to recall something he had done the day before but was only greeted with a sharp pain throughout his whole head almost bringing him to his knees. 

Seemed like what or who brought him here wanted him to forget his old life and accept his new reality, sighing Charles started walking about the room there was a vanity made of dark wood with an oval mirror attached to it the wood was worn but still had a slight polish to it. Across the table of the vanity were brushes, combs, cologne, jars of cream, and a few small jewelry boxes with a cushioned stool placed underneath.

 At the foot of the bed was a large trunk with worn leather straps and brass buckles kneeling down Charles opened the lid to find it full of clothes that looked his size, closing the lid he stood up looked around, and noticed a wardrobe going over to it and open it to find nightgowns, shirts, vest, sweaters and coats with shoes and boots that ranged from ankle-high to boots that came to his knee or mid-upper thighs; also at the lower part of the dresser were two draws that held sock and stockings as well under-wear of that era.

There were two doors in the room one opened to a bathroom while the other must lead to the rest of the flat, deciding that it would best to get clean and dressed first Charles went into the bathroom and took a bath finding his favorite smelling soaps in there he chooses sandalwood and amber(or what you like) after drying off and wrapped in a towel Charles walked back in the bedroom and picked out clean undergarments and sock before pulling on light brown pants that came to his mid-calf and fastened the buttons at the ends to keep the socks from sliding down then he pulled out a cream undershirt and white blouse putting them on before tucking them into the pants and pulling a belt through the loops.

Charles picked a light brown vest and dark maroon sweater; finally pulled on a pair of dark brown ankle boots and pair of fingerless brown gloves. Tying his hair back in a low ponytail Charles let out a breath and pulled open the door that revealed a short hallway with a few other doors, the first one was an empty room with faded flowers and animals on the peeling wallpaper...once must have been a nursery at one point or another.

Another door was to what he guessed was the guest bathroom the last door was an almost empty study. All that was in there was a desk, desk chair and empty bookshelves, and a large that took almost the entire floor. Closing the door he made her way to the end of the hall to the open room that was the sitting room/dining room/ open kitchen.

On the dining table were three letters and two keys, picking up the first letter Charles opened it,

'Hello Charles as you might have figured out you are now a permanent resident of this world, I can not tell you who I am, nor will we ever meet. I leave in a second letter the address and time as well as the date you should send the letter to Mrs. Fig to prevent her death and what you will need to help you in warning her while still getting the key.