Chapter 10 The First Trial, and Blood on School Stairs

Chapter 10

The first trial, and blood on school stairs

After they left the Map Chamber, Professor Fig told them tomorrow they would head to the tower. He knew where the tower was located, but they needed to finish their classes for the day and meet him there after their last class was over for the day. Luckily the day after was the weekend so they could do their school work then, and with Charles's extra assignments to help him catch up he needed all the extra time he could get.

As they were walking to the upper floors and towards the Slytherin common room door Charles noticed something on Ominis's check and reached for it, but his hand was grabbed, and while in a swift motion, Ominis put his wand away and covered Charles's mouth to mute his surprised noise as he pushed Charles against a wall while the others kept walked no noticing them with them.

Ominis waited till he couldn't hear their footsteps anymore, but knew they only had a few minutes before the twins noticed their absence. "Charles, I need to talk to you...please." He didn't let go of Charles's mouth till he felt him sigh in defeat through his nose while Ominis's hand was over his mouth, Ominis moved his hand to press against the wall next to where Charles's neck and shoulder met.

His other hand moved to mimic its twin on the opposite side of Charles, "Ominis..." Charles started softly looking at the blind boy with hooded eyes and light blush on his cheeks, Ominis smirked "I like it when you say my name like that Charles." This made Charles choke on his spit and his eyes fly open wide, the blush becoming darker. He tried pushing himself more into the wall and away from Ominis.

"Ominis what did you need to talk to me about that you must trap me against a wall?" Ominis moves his unseeing eyes to face Charles smiling "Charles do you think I can't tell what is going on between us? I may be blind, but I am not stupid. You want me, and I want you. Not as a causal fling but as more, I am a patient man. Though do not think I will be so forever."

He steps closer making Charles swallow and bite his lip, he loved seeing Dominis come out, he could feel his heart picking up speed as it starts pounding against his chest. "Though I will get you to see, that Crawford can not have a hold over your life, personal or love. I will get you to accept that you don't have to do any of this alone...not anymore."

Ominis moves a hand to hover close to Charles's cheek "You are the most wonderful person in this universe, from the whispers I hear you are considered to be one of the greatest beauty ever created. Your every breath is a work of art, each word you speak is a song to my soul. And I have to agree you are perfection incarnate. If only you would allow me to see your face?" But before Charles could reply they both heard the hurried steps making Ominis pull away from Charles and wipes his cheek off the blade of vegetation that had fallen there...HE KNEW IT WAS THERE?!

Sebastian and Anne came back to see them standing here looking to be caught mid-conversation, "Oh there you two are, wondered where you had gone off to." Sebastian walked forward while Anne rolled her eyes "He thought the school swallowed you two whole." Anne teased her brother before she notice Charles slightly flushed face that was fading, Charles cleared his throat "Well since you three share a house I best hurry off, got to prepare some potions."

Charles hurried off leaving two confused and one smug-looking Slytherin, "Maybe we should do the same? Start making some Wiggenweld potion as well along with some other things?" Anne asked as the three-headed to their house. Later that night as Charles put the last of his potions in his bag and prepared lighter clothes for Herbology and Potions there came a soft hooting as the dorm messenger owl landed on its perch that was located near his bed.

It dropped a letter and a red rose with a green and silver ribbon tied around it into the tray below, Charles dusted off his PJ bottoms choosing to go without a shirt that night as it seemed to be getting too warm in the room at night as it got colder outside, fall was right around the corner it seems.