Chapter 3 A dragon attack made me late

Forgive me if I describe the fights poorly. You save George from dying by the dragon attack. Now let's try not to miss the feast your starving!

Chapter Text

Mrs. Fig left to go stay at their house in one of the local hamlets while Charles and Mr.Fig stayed in London to take a carriage to Hogwarts, and here it was finally the day Charles had been dreaming about since he started this whole journey.

 Knowing what would happen in the next few hours Charles asked that his personal effects be sent ahead to Hogwart which Professor Fig understood. Long ago Fig stopped trying to figure out the request Charles would ask of him thinking it was all from a vision.

Fig and Charles were talking when Charles pulled out his pocket watch and looked at it "And he will be arriving....now." Just as he said George Osric appeared Charles looked up at Fig with a side glance chuckling as Fig smirked and shook his head "Right again my boy." George looked confused by the ex-strange "What was that about Eleazar?"

Professor Fig chuckled "My young friend here is a very talented seer in the making. It was he who saved Miriam and I'm sure she too has mentioned him in her letter to you along with the request with the package?" George nodded almost dumbly looking back at Charles who was looking at his watch again "We should leave now sirs." 

Charles snapped the watch shut and placed it back in his pocket stepping closer to the carriage before looking back at the two gentlemen behind him "Well we do want to miss the dragon don't we?"

George looked over at Professor Fig who smiled and motioned for them to enter the carriage, Charles stops and looks at the shadows and smirked at it mouthing to it 'Good luck next time Rookwood.' before getting in Rookwood stood there in the shadows shocked that someone had seen him as he was completely canceled by the shadows.

Charles was looking out the window while George and Fig talked "Mister Osric?" Charles cut in just as they talked about him being a new student starting as a 5th year "Mrs. Fig sent you a container can you please hand it to me?"

 George looked at Charles who in turn looked at him from the side of his eye "Forgive me if I come as a little rube, but we do not have a lot of time." George looked at Fig "Eleazar? What in the world is he going on about does he know what is inside of it?"

Fig looked over at Charles who was back to looking out the window for signs of the dragon, "He told me it is the key to the start of something that is involved with Ranrok." Charles looked away when George pulled out the container "It's made of goblin metal alright, the glow is brighter than in my vision." Fig handed to Charles looking confused as much as George "I don't see a glow."

"Nor do I." Touching it a light flicked from either end to the center making it split down the middle and pop open "Godric's heart!" Fig was shocked but Charles quickly passed it to Fig "It's a portkey like you thought sir. Now ten....nine....eight....seven....six....five....four" Fig held the box and the side of the seat while Charles looked out the back window behind George bracing his feet.

Poor George was looking scared and confused "Two...one...NOW!" Charles shot forward grabbing George roughly by his waistcoat and pulled him forwards as the back of the carriage that he had once occupied was ripped away by a dragon. 

"MERLINS BREAD!" "FIG GRAB HIS SHOULDER! DRIVER JUMP NOW!" Once the driver was gone Charles looked at Fig "NOW US BE READY TO GRAB THE KEY KEEP A HOLD ON EACH OTHER! NOW! JUMP!"

Charles and Fig jumped pulling George with holding onto him a minute later the dragon was breathing by at what was left of the carriage before it could dive down at them, Fig grabbed the key portkey and in the next moment, they were gone.