Chapter 11 - Taliah - Show me Your world

I wake up to the sweet scent of Peter, his warm body still embracing me just as I drifted off to sleep. Gradually opening my eyes, I find him lost in dreams, looking incredibly serene. I inch closer, gently kissing his cheek before carefully slipping out of his arms. Retrieving his shirt from the floor, I drape it over my naked form and silently make my way to the kitchen to prepare some coffee.

The sound of the coffee machine grinding beans stirs Peter, and I hear a faint commotion from the bedroom as he gets up. The dresser drawers open and close, footsteps approach, and he appears shirtless around the corner, greeting me in a drowsy voice. Blushing slightly, I watch him adjust his shirt. "I was trying not to disturb you. Now that you're awake, how do you take your coffee?" I ask, a hint of embarrassment in my tone.

He walks up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, kissing my cheek, and nuzzling into my neck. Taking a moment to feel the warmth of his chest against my back, I reply, "Black." My brows scrunch in surprise as he chuckles, "What? No milk, no sugar? I need it strong, preferably straight into the veins."

As the coffee brews, I turn to face him, leaning against the cabinet. He caresses my face, his lips meeting mine before lifting me onto the countertop. Reaching above, he grabs two mugs and heads to the coffee machine. "Hey, I was the one making the coffee," I protest, attempting to wiggle down, but Peter stops me. "Yeah, well, now you're not," he says, pushing my hips back onto the countertop. He prepares the coffee, adding milk and two sugars to mine.

"I have to go back to base today to grab some of my stuff off the ship; I'll only be a few hours," he explains, passing me the warm mug. "Oh, I was hoping to do some things with you today," I express, sipping my coffee to hide my disappointment. "I'm not ready to return to civilian life yet. Give me a day to relax, and I promise I'll take you on a day out," he reassures, placing a hand on my thigh. Concerned, I hold his hand, asking, "Are you okay?" He caresses my thigh, smiling slightly, "Yeah, just need to be antisocial for a few days before I'm back to being a person again."

"I better let you know I've only booked off one more week before I need to return home," he adds, sensing it's time to share less pleasant news. "I'll make it up to you, Angel, for the days I'm antisocial. I better let you know I'm back on duty in four days," he says regretfully, awaiting my response. "Days or nights?" I narrow my eyes, trying to gauge the time I'll have with him. "Days, so you have me home every night that you're here," he reassures, kissing my forehead.

Processing the information, I slide off the countertop, taking my coffee. "I can work around that. All that counts is that I have a few days just with you, plus I can cook you dinner," I say, trying to find a positive angle. We sip our coffees, and he suggests, "I was thinking we could go for an evening walk, maybe to the Bay and back." Agreeing, I ask, "How far away is it?" "About six miles round trip," he replies, and my eyes widen. "I'm not that fit," I admit, but he reassures me, "It's okay. We don't have to walk fast. We can go at your pace, and it's pretty flat."

As the day unfolds, I find myself scrolling through Instagram, attempting to distract myself from the news. Peter leans over the couch, breaking my concentration. "Hey, Angel," he says, and I meet his gaze. "I've been messaging around this morning to get permission. I was wondering if you want to come with me to the base in an hour so I can pick up my stuff. I would love to show you my ship," he blurts out anxiously.

Smiling, I prop myself up, "I would love to." I watch him head into the kitchen, texting while grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. "Make sure you have your passport on you when we leave for the base," he advises, taking a sip. Eager to comply, I retrieve my passport and place it in my handbag. Glancing back at the living room, I say, "I might as well start getting ready. By the time I have a shower, put on makeup, and find something to wear, it will be about time to leave." "Sure, I would recommend wearing pants and lace-up shoes, as you're going to have to climb ladders on the ship," he adds, offering practical advice.