The Science

I wake up two hours earlier than my parents do and I start cleaning the house. It'd be nicer if I could live alone, but I'm not nearly an adult. I got out of school at fifteen years old, so I don't have to go. I get to live here in this three story house, with my adoptive parents who are also y boss'. They have quite a bit of money, so they pay me an allowance every month. They even let me put a garage in the backyard to let me work on my hobbies.

As in hobbies, I mean my suits. I built my first suit while I was in high school and three years later, I've almost perfected it. The suit is made from an advanced titanium alloy and aluminum mixture that can resist powerful attacks, including energy attacks, that can destroy normal materials, and makes it lightweight. It is reinforced with silicon infused-steel, enhanced composite armor with ceramic plating, a fiberglass frame and an advanced titanium alloy and aluminum with high durability, hardness, compressive and tensile strength. My suit has some other features I've been trying my best to perfect.  I added x-ray vision, and I can look through walls, but it's more of a body shape than clearly seeing the person. For example, I can't see someone smirk but I can see the shape of their face.

Also, self-repair. I get my energy from the sun so it powers my suit. It is capable of sustaining self-repair without using mechanical or electrical equipment through the use of an advanced built-in repair system... Although, my favorite has to be my sick invisibility feature. All it does is alter the exoskeleton to make it look like its surroundings.That means when I move and invisibility is on, I can't be seen at all. I have been working on the invisibility on my suit and just successfully finished it. It was my eighth try but I finally got it correct.

I have a problem though... It's hard for me to maintain friends while keeping enemies and police off of my tail. People think I'm a copy-cat of Iron-Man. My suit is a light black-almost- gray with blue. It looks so badass, and I didn't want it to look like Iron Man's all that much. That would be stealing.

Eventually, I finish cleaning the house quickly and snatch up my keys. I walk outside and I start my car. I don't want to be late for my Starbucks shift.

***

I park my car in my usual parking spot. I reach behind my seat only to fumble around trying to find my work uniform. Once I feel my hand on it I throw the car door open and roughly pull on my apron before running inside with my work outfit on. I hop right behind the counter and take people's orders.

"I'll have the new s'mores frappuccino, with two blueberry muffins," the voice says as I type in their order.  I look up to see Jace, my best friend.

"Jace!" I reach over the counter and hug him. "How was it?" I question.

"How was being gone from you for two months or do you mean law school?"

"Both! You left me for two months to go to law school and you are still not done with it! I missed you," I exclaim. He hands me the money and I give him the change.

"Let's talk." I hand him the food and I sit down at a table with him.