Chapter Thirteen

Addie's POV:

After spending the past couple of days wrapped up in Jeb's arms, lying beneath –and on top of him– as we made love, the last thing I wanted to do was go into the office and work a full day of work. The only thing making it easier to get up and get dressed was the fact that Jeb was going to be in the building all day.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't worried about what people were going to think when they found out that the two of us were dating and that he was the newest driver for JGR, but Jeb and I had decided that we weren't going to let what other people think or what they say dictate how we acted around one another. We both deserved to be happy. And if that meant obvious displays of public affection, then so be it.

"Are you almost ready?" Yelled Jeb from the living room, pulling me back to reality.

"Be out in just a second." I said, checking my appearance one last time, making sure I didn't look like Jeb and I had just gone three rounds in the shower only thirty minutes ago.

The black, red, and white plaid pants I wore cling to my body but in the most comfortable way since they were essentially made out of the same material as yoga pants. The white shirt I paired with it scooped low, showing a tasteful amount of cleavage but was still appropriate for the office. Add in the red jacket and the white sneakers that added to the office casual look I was going for and it pulled the look together.

"Damn I look good." I whispered to myself, feeling more like myself than I had in a long time. Crazy how countless orgasms and a man in your life made you feel better than you had in a long time.

After checking my hair and makeup one last time, I stepped out of the bathroom and into the living room. A low whistle filled the silence of the room, boosting my confidence to a higher level than it already was. When I turned to Jeb, he stood leaning against the doorway between the kitchen and living room, two travel mugs of coffee in his hands.

"I alway thought plaid was for old ladies and guys who liked to wear tacky pants playing golf." said Jeb, setting the mugs down before walking towards me.

I walked over to the couch and grabbed my purse, fishing my keys out of it. One strong arm wrapped around me from behind as the other pushed my loosely curled hair to one side. Jeb lips landed on my neck, sending a delicious shiver down my spine.

"I don't know how I'm going to sit through all these meetings that we have today, I don't know how I'm going to watch you walk around the office in these pants, and not be thinking about finding a dark corner and christening it," he said, his lips close to my ear. When I gave a simple 'mmmm' in response, his teeth sank into the lobe, making dampness pool between my thighs.

"Did I mention that I have my own office?" I said, knowing that there was no mistaking what I was trying to say without actually saying the words.

"Now I know what I will be thinking about." he said, his voice laced with desire.

"Better than thinking about how Pappy Joe is going to give you so many pages of contracts that your eyes go crossed and your brain threatens to shut down." I said, turning in his arms so that I could loop mine around his neck. He placed a quick kiss on my lips, being extra careful not to sear my lipstick. Thank God for liquid lipstick that doesn't smudge... "Ready?"

"Yep. We'll take my truck. Just let me get our coffees first." he smiled down at me before stepping away and over to where he'd placed our mugs earlier.

After passing me my mug, he laced his fingers with mine and the two of us walked out of my apartment.

*****

Jeb parked his truck in the lot of JGR, refusing to use my spot because 'he didn't want special treatment'. I was about to climb out when he stopped me and told me to stay right where I was. Curiously, I did as he asked, watching as he walked around the front of his truck and around to the passenger side. I smiled when he opened the door for me and offered his hand to help me down.

"I think I've proved that I'm more than capable of climbing in and out of this thing." I said when my feet hit the asphalt of the parking lot.

"Not saying that you haven't. I just wanted one more reason to touch you before we got inside the building and I had to restrain myself." he said. To prove his point, he pulled me into his chest and wrapped his strong arms around me before he rested his forehead against mine. "Plus, when I have you in my arms, my nerves seem to disappear."

"Are you nervous?" I asked. Even as I asked the question, I tried to see if I'd missed any signs of nervousness. All morning, he had been cool as a cucumber. Even on the drive here, dealing with traffic that he wasn't accustomed to, he had never once shown one sign that he was worried about how today was going to go. Then again, the fact that he stayed cool under pressure, that he could so easily hide the fact that he was nervous, had a lot to do with why Pappy Joe had hired him on at JGR. Long story short, he was exactly what pappy Joe needed inside one of his astronomically priced cars.

"I;d like to say no but I'd be lying my ass off." he said, his eyes locking with mine. "I don't have to tell you that Joe Gibbs can be intimidating when he wants to be."

"I don't know what youre talking about." I replied teasingly as I lifted a hand and cupped his bearded cheek. "Pappy Joe likes you. If he didnt, he wouldn't have asked you to whisk me away from my life so that I could finally heal from everything that's happened lately. He wouldn't have given you the opportunity to drive one of his cars. And he most certainly wouldn't walk out to the parking lot to meet one of his newest hires if he didn't genuinely like you."

Upon my words, Jeb's head spun towards the main entrance of JGR, seeing my grandfather walking across the lot towards us. I felt his body stiffen for a split second before he locked it down, once more resuming that whole cool-as-a-cucumber thing he was so good at.

When Pappy Joe reached us, I stepped out of Jeb's arms and right into Pappy Joe's.

"Good to see you back. And looking just as beautiful as ever." said Pappy Joe as he engulfed me in a hug. As he held me tight, he whispered, "Love looks good on you sweet pea." When I pulled away, I gave him a smile before turning to Jeb, knowing that there were hearts in my eyes. That look has remained in my eyes almost permanently since we first said those three little words to one another. Add in his heartfelt words about what he wanted the future to look like for us and I'd have to be a cyborg to not fall more in love with him every second of the day.

"Good to see you too." Pappy Joe said. When Jeb extended his hand to shake Pappy Joe's, Pappy Joe gave him a nob 'no' before pulling into a hug. Jeb's eyes locked with mine, making me smile as he looked slightly panicked. Pappy Joe held him there for a minute, obviously saying something but it was too low for me to hear. But that didn't mean anything. I fully intended on getting whatever was said out of Jeb later... at whatever cost.

"What do you say we get this little show on the road?" said Pappy Joe when he broke the hug.

"Right behind you, Pappy." I said, using the name that I have called him since I was little. It used to make him mad when I did it –especially in meetings when I slipped– but now, he's just accepted the fact that I can't call him by his name; You know, that whole respect for your elders things and all...

Pappy gave me a smile before beginning his walk back to the building. Jeb's fingers laced with mine as we began walking behind Pappy Joe. As we walked, he lifted our entwined hands to his lips and placed a kiss on my knuckles. "Meeting you is the best thing that ever happened to me. I just hope that one day I get to repay the favor in some sort of way."