Ch10 Blue roses

JIMIN

"Kim Namjoon,

Kim Seokjin,

Min Yoongi,

Jung Hoseok,

Park Jimin,

Kim Taehyung, and

Jeon Jungkook.

Okay, all here. Boys, are you ready? Let's go."

Jin Hyung chanted our names before leaving the school for Memorial Park to visit Angela's grave to pay respect for her death anniversary.

We walk to our cars that were waiting at the school gate. I hop on in the back seat of my car, and when my driver closed the door, something caught my eye. A student was standing near the gate, watching us get on the car with her curious face. I smile at her expression, she is like a year-old baby that was so confused about new things that she just saw.

'Cute, but wait, that's the same girl I saw at the rooftop the other day.'

I thought when I saw her face clearer and much nearer when the car started to move and slowly went to pass her. I smiled again when I saw her pout and her eyebrows knitted together. I'm not sure, but I can say maybe she was curious about where we were going or why we were leaving the campus when it was almost time for the first lesson.

What an innocent soul!

We arrived at the park and saw people already gathered around Angela's grave, and I could see flowers all over. As we get closer to the crowd, I can hear someone crying. We put the flowers down beside the grave stone before we bowed to Angela's parents. Her mom cried harder when she saw me and gave me a warm hug.

"Jimin, you're here."

"I am Auntie."

It was after lunch when people left one by one, and so did my sister and the boys. They will go back to school to attend the afternoon class, but I chose to stay behind with her parents.

Yara left with the boys, and I'm glad she did. I never had a word with her after the day I made things clear to her that I didn't feel anything special for her aside from being a friend. Angela's parents try to make her stay, but she makes excuses about school, and that's how she gets to escape.

When Angela's parents were busy helping the maids fix all the mess, I kept myself busy looking at every bouquet of flowers on the ground. I checked each and every note that was attached to it. Most of the flowers that were given were pink tulips, which are her favorite flower, and the message was also very heart warming. Angela has a humble personality, kind and simple, loving and caring—everything is good about her. Angela is the woman who changed me for the better, she made me open my eyes and see things as equal. I was already crying while thinking about who Angela meant for me until my eyes landed on the basket of white and blue roses that was shaped into a heart.

 I was already crying while thinking about who Angela meant for me until my eyes landed on the basket of white and blue roses that was shaped into a heart

I went to check if there was a note in it, but to my dismay, there was none.

I know blue roses symbolize mystery or the unattainable, since they don't exist in nature because of genetic limitations. I've read that researchers used genetic modification to create roses that contain the blue pigment delphinidin.

As the general rose is associated with love, the blue rose can be commonly associated with unrequited love or true love

True love, sadly, only goes one way.

"Jimin."

Angela's mom called me out, which brought me back to my senses.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yes, auntie, it's beautiful. I've never seen one before."

"Now you were looking for a bouquet of blue roses, not one."

We both laughed at her statement and fell silent for a while.

"Auntie, who gave this?"

"From the family who was filled with gratitude to my daughter."

I was so confused that I wanted to ask more about it, but I'm not sure if I have the right to know, or maybe they want it to be confidential.

I don't know.