7 | Until; You Came Along

"Yeah..." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Yeah..." She repeated.

I was famous, but only by name. There's no way one would recognise me by face; unless they'd seen those pics Emily had uploaded on my IG page during the last days of our high school.

Now I felt embarrassed. If she'd seen those that meant... Oh, god! Why did Emily had to upload my shirtless pics!?!?

But hey, I'd deleted those in a few seconds, hadn't I? There're chances that she might've gotten to see only the first pic out of the 3. Thankfully, I'd my shirt on in that one.

She was looking at me like she'd seen something which was not thought to exist, but was standing in front of her now.

"You were awesome at the game, congratulations." I lent my hand in hopes for her to hold, or at least touch it.

She did!

"Thank you," She said. I was feeling giddy all of a sudden. She was holding my hand!!

She didn't say anything else, so I continued.

"You are...?"

"Sorry...I'm Hannah Kelsey." No way!

"Kelsey? As in the KELSEY MOTORS?" I voiced my doubts.

"Yeeaah..." She kinda dragged on with her answer and frowned a bit.

"I love their works, now it goes more like your works," I said and saw the slight amusement that flickered in her eyes.

"Thanks, I'll say that to daddy." So, she called her father daddy? I found it cute and also struggled to not laugh out loud.

"Sure, do tell. By the way, your boyfriend's handsome, you two look perfect together." I couldn't help, but bring him up and regretted doing so at her response.

She pulled her hand out from mine and snapped.

"What!? Are you even listening to what you're saying!?" Why was I getting all the snapping today? First Emily and now her?

I'd no idea as to why she was p*ssed, but knew I'd to apologise.

"I'm sorry if I've said something wrong...I just said what I saw, he's...you two are___" She cut me off.

Great, did I really had to mention him again?

"And, can you tell me where did you see him? 'Cause I don't have the slightest clue about who that 'boyfriend' of mine is!" No boyfriend!?

So, I'd not only mistaken a good friend of hers to be her boyfriend, but also said that to her face? I deserved her snapping.

"Sorry if I've mistaken something here, I just saw that there was a guy with you from the moment you got here on your motor. The way you two hugged after the game made me think that you two are a couple, sorry again." I said apologetically.

She seemed to have realised something and asked to clear her confusion.

"You were close enough for you to listen when he said that he was the only love of my life, weren't you?"

"Mm...yeah, I wanted to congratulate you for the game." Hope my lie was convincing. I'd gotten down the bleachers in pure jealousy and surely not to congratulate her.

"He's my brother. Ryan Kelsey." My eyes widened.

"D*mn it, brother? Screw my mind!" I whispered to myself, but I think she heard it.

"It's okay, I'm sorry too for snapping like that. It was nice meeting you, now I should get going, my family will be waiting for me." She concluded.

"I called for your snapping, anyway, nice meeting you too. Umm...didn't your family members head out after the game?" I asked. I'd seen them going out.