Aftermath

"So tell me, when did he video chat with you?" asks the police officer. She fixes her black cap as she takes down notes with a small pencil on a red notepad.

"I don't remember the time. I guess it was around seven. I was drying my hair when I got the invitation." Julie says holding the towel wrapped around her. That's probably the only comfort she feels at this point, leaving her friends in body bags.

"Did you see what he was wearing?" Julie looks at the officer right in her helpful eyes. All these horrendous images flash around her mind like a thunderstorm of fear.

"He was wearing a scary mask. A Ghost Face mask, like the ones in the Stab movies." she saying nodding. Red and blue lights flash behind her, as a swarm of police officers scatter around the complex, knocking on neighbor's doors, asking the typical questions like "Did you hear anything?" or "Where were you when this incident occurred?"

Two men marked with uniforms pick up Sasha's corpse and place her on a white hearse, lightly blanketing her with a white sheet. Blood leaks through it as the two uniformed men roll her body into a large black van. Julie watches this and closes her eyes, slowly breathing. On the edge of the pool, two more men pull Brooke's body to the edge and check her pulse by placing two fingers on her neck. The officer widens his eyes.

"This one still has a pulse!" he yells. Two paramedics rush towards her unconscious body. Julie turns around and gasps. Her weakened legs pull her up as she attempts to walk towards Brooke, but the officer blocks her, and sets her back on the step where she was sitting. The paramedics carry her towards the ambulance and pull her up.

"What happened to her?" says a voice from the corner of the ambulance. Mr. Borne walks up from behind it, grabbing his head. He is in uniform, wearing a pair of blue jeans and a black shirt with a golden badge on it.

"It appears she got stabbed in the Genitofemoral nerve. She knocked out in the pool, so we're lucky she didn't drown." says the medic. He closes the door as the ambulance begins to shriek.

"Where's Julie?" he says, looking around. Julie looks up at the sound of his voice. "Julie!?" he yells. Julie gets up from the step and limps towards her father, who receives her with a thick hug. He begins to cry as he holds his baby girl in his arms, kissing her forehead multiple times. He squeezes her, sobbing.

"Oh my god, Julie. Are you hurt?" he says holding her shoulders, looking at her teary eyes.

"He managed to lick me twice, but that's all." she says. "I'm so sorry Dad. I forgot. I forgot to leave before dark. I should have listened to you, Dad! I'm so sorry, oh my god!" she screams, jumping back in to her father's arms.

"Everything's going to be okay, baby girl." he says holding her as they both cry. "Listen, when the office called telling me you got hurt, I was just finishing tracing the calls. I sent some officers over towards the coordinates I got, and they told me it was at the back of the movie theater. The phones were covered in blood, and that stupid mask was next to it. They didn't find any type of bodily traces or anything." he says. Julie looks up at him, shaking her head.

"No, no, no." she says shaking her head as her eyes begin to puff.

"Don't worry, baby girl. We're close to finding this sicko. I promise you, everything's going to be okay." he says, gently touching her bloody bandages. He shakes his head and begins to weep at this. His little girl is in bandages because of a depraved killer who does nothing but torment her. An anger sparks in the deepest depths of his mind. These thoughts of her daughter eat away at his sanity as the ocean does to the mountains.

"Come on." he says. He holds her and walks towards another ambulance nearby. He sweeps her off her feet and places her on the inside of the ambulance. Mr. Borne steps in the ambulance as the paramedics shut the doors behind them before driving off towards the hospital.

"Well, Ms. Borne. You have no major damage, so I think you will be able to leave in just a few minutes." says the doctor. She smiles at Julie, who is laying in a small blue bed, surrounded by a white curtain. Mr. Borne sits on the edge of the bed, holding Julie's fragile hand.

"Wait." says Julie to the doctor. Her white clothing spins as she walks to Julie again. "How is my friend? Brooke Lawrence?" she says.

"She's fine right now. Brooke was stabbed in a pressure point, which left her unconscious, and we're expecting her to wake up soon." the doctor says.

"So, she's okay?"

"Yes. She was lucky the weapon didn't go in deeper, or else she would have been in serious trouble." She makes her way out of the curtained room and into the dim hallway. Mr. Borne lifts his daughter's hand and gently presses his lips on them. Suddenly, John and Marcus appear in the room. John rushes towards the edge of the bed and holds Julie's hand, while Marcus stands at the end of the bed, folding his arms.

"Are you okay?" John says, caressing her. Julie looks at him, tears slowly building up in her chocolate eyes.

"What are you doing here?" she asks.

"Brooke's parents called me." says Marcus. John nods and continues to look at Julie, who won't directly look him in his eyes.

"What about Sasha?" he asks. Julie looks at him and shakes her head. Marcus begins to shake his head in disbelief, covering his mouth. He rapidly walks out of the room and leans on the wall of the hallway, silently showing emotion.

"God, I wish I was there to protect you." John says, placing his head on Julie's arm. "I love you Julie. I'm so sorry." he says, crying. Julie looks at her Dad, who is staring at John, and places her head on top of his. The doctor walks in the room with a clipboard in her hands.

"Ms. Julie. You are free to go now." she says. She nods, and looks at John, who is biting his finger, crying on the edge of the bed. She squeezes his hand, and releases a tear from her sentimental prison.

"I love you."