Chapter 2 - The Concert

The concert was jam packed to say the least. There were concert goers from all ages present. From young 10-12 year old kids to men and women well into their late 50s, early 60s.

Abhimanyu knew Akshara hated being a part of large crowds. That was one of her anxiety triggers.

"You alright?" Abhimanyu looked down at Akshara.

"Uh huh." She replied, trying to keep her anxiety in check. The last thing she wanted to have an anxiety attack.

"Hold my hand and don't let go." He whispered. Abhimanyu's voice had a soothing effect on her. It brought on a sense of calm.

"Okay." She gave him a panicked smile as she gripped his hand, interweaving her fingers with his.

Abhimanyu maneuvered Akshara through the swarm of people until they reached the front entrance which was reserved for the VIPs. Luckily, there weren't as many people standing in line there.

Abhimanyu kept glancing down towards Akshara to see how she was doing. "You okay?"

Akshara nodded her head. "Yes."

"You sure?"

"I'll be fine." She gave him a small smile.

Abhimanyu squeezed her hand before turning to the front where a security guard awaited them. He handed the security guard the backstage passes.

"Abhimanyu Birla." The guard called out.

"That's me." Abhimanyu raised his hand, not wanting to cause trouble despite knowing the guard was only giving them a hard time for no good reason.

The guard checked Abhimanyu out from head to toe, looking unimpressed. "ID."

Abhimanyu pulled out his wallet and handed over his drivers license to the guard.

"21 years old." The guard pointed out.

"Yes." Abhimanyu was at the edge of his patience due to the guard's behavior.

"And this is?" The guard asked, his eyes darting towards Akshara, lowering his gaze to her bare legs before slowing moving his eyes upwards, fixating on her curves like a pervert.

Akshara felt the guard's sickly gaze travel around her body. She lowered her lashes and tightened her grip on Abhimanyu's hand.

"Does she have an ID?" The guard asked.

Abhimanyu stepped in front of Akshara, blocking the guard's perverted gaze from falling onto Akshara. His grip tightened on her hand as he hid her petite frame behind him.

"Give me my ID and passes back or else you will have hell to pay." Abhimanyu clenched his jaw.

"Are you threatening me?" The guard questioned, getting defensive.

"So what if I am?" Abhimanyu was not one to back down when it came down to a fight. Especially if it was against perverts who looked at his best friend the wrong way.

"Abhi, please don't. Please stop." Akshara pleaded, pulling on his hand. The last thing she wanted was a fight.

"You like being a hero?" The guard stepped up to the barrier, looking down at Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu stepped up to the barrier too, ready to fight. However, before Abhimanyu could reply, the organizer of the concert, his dad's friend showed up to the gate.

"Abhimanyu?" Raj Chohan uncle knew him by his name. Out of all of his dad's friends, Abhimanyu had found Raj Uncle to be the coolest.

"Raj uncle!" Abhimanyu's scowl changed into a light hearted smile as he waved to the elder gentleman.