Part 4: Who are they to you?

After the lovely ship ride, Johnny had to take you back home. On the way there you mentioned that you're going to participate in this year's Festival of Lights. Johnny congratulated you and said he was also going to do it as well. He admitted to you that this was the only artistry thing his dad allowed him to do since it was technically a competition and his dad loved a good competition. You gently rub his back which he appreciated. You could tell his dad and him really needed to talk but you had no room to say anything since you and your mom were the same. Not to mention it wasn't your business and you didn't want to invade his privacy.

*Planet of Passion; Forest*

Johnny lands his ship and helps you down.

"Thank you for this. My birthday was almost trash before you got here," you admitted. "And even though it's not my birthday anymore, thank you for making it memorable."

"It was my pleasure," Johnny said. He gave you a little bow. "Princess."

You blushed a little bit. You then gave him a little crusty.

"Thank you knight," you said with a smile.

"Knight," Johnny asked as he stood up.

You let out a nervous laugh as you stood up. "I tried to think of a name and I know you told me that you're technically not a prince so knight was the only thing I could think of."

You had an awkward smile since you honestly had no idea what you were doing. You don't get out much. Johnny smirked at the fact you looked cute.

"Well every princess needs her knight," Johnny commented. "So I'll gladly be your knight."

You blushed at the fact the comment. He was also blushing but not as much as you. You clear your throat as you try to change the topic.

"Thank you again for the bracelet," you said. "This is one of the first times I was given something on my birthday."

"I'm glad you like it," Johnny said. He looked at the ground and rubbed his neck. "It um... It was my mother's."

Your eyes widened at Johnny's confession. Whenever Johnny talked about his mother, it was about how kind she was or how he missed her since she passed away just after his thirteenth birthday.

"Oh my god," you said softly. "Johnny I-um." You got a bit worried since now you know this bracelet means something to him. "I didn't know but why would you give me this?"

"Before my mother passed away she told me to give that baracelt to someone important to me," Johnny confessed. "So I figured who better than my first ever friend."

Johnny gave you a soft smile as you returned it. You look down at the bracelet and gently touch it.

"Are you sure it's okay if I have it," you asked.

"I'm sure," Johnny said. "There's no one else I can think of to give it to and I want to fulfill my mothers last wish."

"Alright."

You two share a nice good night hug. Part of you didn't want to let go since you knew it would be the last one for a while but like all good things, the hug had to come to an end. Johnny goes back to his ship and flies back home. You stood there a bit to watch him fly away. You then used the secret entrance to sneak back inside the castle to go back to your room.

*Planet of War, Castle Blitz*

Johnny landed his ship back in the hanger and quietly made his way to his room. It was the middle of the night so thankfully there weren't many people he'd have to avoid but he was still quiet to not risk waking anyone.