Chapter 30

1 DAY LATER ,

The room is completely silent except the beeping sound of the holter monitor. On the hospital bed there is a woman unconscious . It's none other than Rukmini. 

On the other side outside the room a man is sitting on the bench . He is not blinking his eyes and constantly staring at the floor. His eyes are red.

He didn't sleep at all. He barely ate when Ariya forced him. Anyone from the family is staying with him. 

.....

Rukmini slowly opened her eyes. She felt like her head is being banged to a wall. She felt a sharp pain throughout her body as she woke up. She tried to move but she is unable to move. She isn't feeling her body. She didn't understand anything. She tried to move her hands but she is unable to do that. She started getting scared. 

Rukmini : Krishna ! 

Tears started falling from her eyes.

......

Krishna suddenly lifted his head up as he felt like Rukmini called him. He looked at Anmisha who is asleep beside him. She is holding his hand. He slowly released his hand and looked at Rukmini through the glass door. She is conscious. He wanted to go inside and embrace her. But he don't have enough guts to face her. He hated himself for taking the decision of being powerless.

Anmisha who stirred in her sleep looked at Krishna. 

Anmisha : Krishna ! 

Krishna : She is conscious Vadhina. 

Anmisha saw tears in krishna's eyes.

Anmisha : go and meet her.

Krishna : I can't. I can't face her. I can't face my devi. My words almost came true. I shouldn't have told that.

Anmisha : Krishna ! Please don't blame yourself. She needs you. She needs her swami. No one can support her in this situation other than you.

Krishna : But !

Anmisha : please ! 

Anmisha opened the door and Rukmini looked at them.

Rukmini : Krishna ! Akka ! What happened to me ? Is this a medicines effect ?

Krishna slowly walked towards her and stopped at her feet. 

Rukmini : Krishna ! I'm fine. Why are you crying ? How's Arjun ? Did you guys save the stone ?

Rukmini tried to move still she is unable to move. Krishna's heartbeat is raising up as he is getting tensed.

Anmisha : Rukmini ! 

Rukmini : what akka ? Why are you guys staring at me like this ? Why he is crying this much ? Is he the same guy who laughs all the time ?

Anmisha is controlling her tears and trying to be strong. 

Anmisha : Rukmini ! You should know something !

Rukmini : what's that akka ?

Anmisha : the bullet hit your spinal cord. You are paralysed.

Rukmini didn't understand what she heard. She is blank. 

Krishna clutched her feet and started crying his heart out.

Krishna : Minnie ! I'm sorry. I hate myself for what you ended up with. I hate myself to the core.

Rukmini : come near to me. 

Krishna : I can't.

Rukmini : come here ! 

Krishna lowered his head and stood in-front of her.

Rukmini : do you think i will hate you for this ? 

Rukmini asked with a smile. Anmisha looked at her with amusement.

Rukmini : I will happily die if i am in your arms. For this birth i am content with what i have done. I married my madhava. I saved many lives. I did my job . 

Krishna didn't speak anything but looked at her.

Rukmini : I will be happy that you will spend your whole time with me. I am lucky. 

Rukmini said with a smile.

Krishna hugged her tightly. Her body is not feeling his warmth but her soul is feeling him. She wanted to hug him tightly but she is unable to do that.

Rukmini : i need a promise.

Krishna : your word is my order devi.

Rukmini : please don't do anything to putra samba. He did that by mistake.

Both krishna and Anmisha looked at her without blinking their eyes. How can someone be this pure.

Anmisha ( Revathi) : Rukmini ! You deserve a bow for your greatness. Devi Narayani ! I am honoured that you are calling me as sister. 

Rukmini : we are one. The mighty one. We are never separate. Neither them.

Rukmini : where are the others ? 

Anmisha : one minute ! I'll call them.

.......

Arjun came there with Advaith's help. Subhadra , Tara, Mrinalini and bhanumati are standing behind them.

Rukmini : Arjun ! Bava ! Subha ! 

Arjun : I'm sorry minnie . This brother failed to protect his sister. Thanks for saving me.

Rukmini : why are you thanking me ? Idiot ! 

Advaith : Rukmini ! He will pay back for everything he had done. I did a mistake by ignoring his sins in Dwapar yugh. I'm not going to repeat that again.

Rukmini : Bava ! He is just a little boy. Leave him. He did it by mistake. Even i hated the way he behaved but after all he is my son. A mother always forgives her children. But there is someone else who need a lesson for their deeds.

Ariya who just came there along with Clara ran towards rukmini and hugged her tightly and started sobbing. 

Rukmini : darling ! Why are you crying ? Look at your face . You are looking like a tomato.

Ariya : pinni ! 

Ariya hugged her again tightly.

Bhanumati : he will get an answer from me. I will make sure that people like him will think twice before they try to do any crimes. 

Rukmini didn't expect this reaction from bhanumati.

Tara looked at her mom and she felt prideful. 

...........

How's the chapter ? ( you can beat me for asking that )

I being someone who never cried in the last few years got tears while writing this. I don't know why i feel this connected to lord Krishna. 

Stay tuned !