Chapter Two | wolf moon pt. 2

C H A P T E R   T W O

wolf moon pt.2

After tryouts, Amber said goodbye to Allison and Lydia before she made her way down the bleachers toward where Stiles and Scott were already talking, the boys putting away their lacrosse gear, shoving items into their respective duffle bags.

"Scott!" She called excitedly as she approached, throwing her arms around his bulky padding and giving him a squeeze, "That was insane!"

Scott shrugged with a grin.

"Yeah, Scott is a lacrosse God," Stiles' voice was filled with bitter sarcasm. His eyes narrowed at the way Amber was wrapped around their friend and jealousy caused him to sound significantly less excited than he had when he'd been loudly cheering Scott on during the practice, "And don't go giving him too much love, because now he wants us to hike back through the woods to find his inhaler."

"What?" She groaned and released Scott from her hold, "Don't you have a spare?"

"No," Scott said as they began walking back to the school so the two boys could shower and change in the locker rooms, "Which means we need to find it."

Amber reluctantly made her way into the parking lot while they went to get changed, unlocking Stiles' Jeep with the keys she still had in her possession. She slid into her usual spot at the center of the bench seat, avoiding the gear shift that jutted up from the floor between her knees.

When the two boys joined her at the vehicle a few minutes later, Stiles tossed their lacrosse gear into the back seat with Amber's backpack while Scott hooked his bicycle onto the back of the vehicle, Stiles moving to settle behind the wheel while Scott slid into the vacant passenger seat. Stiles shot Amber a small smile as he started the engine, pressing their thighs together.

Though the Jeep was always cramped when they rode together like this — with so much stuff shoved in the back that all three of them opted to squeeze together into the front — Amber secretly loved it. She positioned herself a few inches closer to Stiles on the bench seat, and the warmth of his thigh where it pressed against hers was heaven.

Normally, when Stiles drove, his right hand bounced back and forth restlessly between using the gear shift and having both of his hands on the steering wheel, but when she was sandwiched between them in the front, he always chose instead to rest his forearm over her leg, his fingers glued to the lever.

She reveled in the feeling.

▬▬▬

Stiles parked the Jeep in the same spot as the night before and they all filed out, making their way to the tree line.

Amber was grateful for the daylight this time around, walking made easier without the fear of tripping over something that she couldn't see, though she did find herself missing the warmth of Stiles' guiding hand at the bottom of her spine.