5) Secrets and Confessions

Note that this is a longer chapter because a lot happens. That's part of why it's taken so long to upload. Thanks for understanding and enjoy.

I woke up in a dazed state trying to remember how I ended up sleeping on the ground. Then, all of yesterday's events came flooding back into my mind. I stood up to stretch my legs hearing my back pop as I did. That was an experience I never want again. I probably won't either. Instead, I'll go back to living under the radar the way it should be.

Blondie was the exact opposite laying on ground like it was soft clouds. He was dead asleep, and hopefully for a while. The poor boy had an interesting first day to say the least.

He started mumbling again, and my heart started beating faster. Did he go back into a coma? What do I do if he did? I'm not a nurse. I don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do, and no one's awake yet.

I had to be sure in case I was wrong and shook him. He sat up breathing heavily.

"Aris,"He panted.

"Aris?"I asked.

"My name. Aris Jones."

"Aris Jones,"I repeated, as if to test how it sounded. "It suits you,"I complimented. He shrugged as I stood up to finally walk around. Even if it was in this tiny bit of space it's still better than staying in the cold ground.

There was no light from above, but I still estimated it to be around five. I felt rested enough for someone up late, but no one else was out yet. The one thing that was out was dim stars. I must have always loved them because I could remember the constellations. There weren't any here though which led me to believe I never really knew them or they were fake.

"Not that it matters, but your scar is kind of cool,"Aris said quietly. I froze in my tracks and subconsciously put my hand out to my face. I've been told you couldn't even see it or that it didn't matter but hadn't had a direct compliment on it. I was suddenly glad for the dark so he couldn't see the red on my face. It wasn't something I've heard before.

"Thank you,"I finally responded. "The others won't be awake for a bit. You could probably get some sleep."

"I don't think I sleep much,"He answered. It certainly looks like it. I wonder if he's always looked so tired. Some people just always look exhausted even when they do rest. It looks like sleep just doesn't come easily to him.

"They're worried you know? Your friends,"He said out of nowhere.

"What do you mean?"I asked suspiciously.

"The Nurses were worried about you. They just don't think you're doing okay,"He said simply. I sighed in annoyance. I never understood why you don't just directly tell someone if you're worried about them. As curious as I was to what they said I didn't need a reason to get angry again. It's better to just pretend I never head anything.

"They're aren't a lot of people like Beth. I don't talk much so I get to observe how others act. Some girls seem to change personalities around each other, but Beth sends off some chain reaction."

"Good to know they'll only try to kill me around Beth,"He said in a tone I couldn't quite decipher.

There was more silence leaving us each to our thoughts. To be honest I was grateful for it. The past few days have been full of chaos. As grateful as I would be if I could pin it on Aris he was probably one of the most innocent in this. He got to come up hearing that people want to murder him. It's not the most welcoming experience you could have.

"I won't let them kill you. Soon we're going to have no choice but to find a way out, and you're coming with us,"I spoke. He winced at the words making me realize they probably weren't the best choice.