WIKIPEDIA

Tara Dean Morgan (born July 22, 1992) is an American actress and model. Born and raised in Los Angeles, Tara began her career as a young model when she signed with NEXT Model Management after finishing high school in 2010. She won Model Of The Year Award in 2015 and that same year she made her acting debut.

She rose to acting prominence for her role as Rey in the Star Wars trilogy: The Force Awakens (2015), The Last Jedi (2017) and The Rise of Skywalker (2019).

She also has done occasional voice acting such as the animated motion picture Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings (2012) and video games including The Last of Us (2013)

She will reprise her role as Rey in an untitled Star Wars film set after the events of The Rise of Skywalker.

Early Life
Tara Dean Morgan was born in July 22, 1992 in Los Angeles, to actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Supernatural) and Cecilia Hart (1966-1992), a medical practitioner.
She has appeared in her father's films Red Dawn (2012) and The Losers (2010) along side Marvel stars Chris Evans, Zoe Saldaña and Idris Elba.

Tara has stated in early interviews that her favourite movie while growing up was Little Women (1994), referring to two of the main roles (played by Winona Ryder and Kristen Dunst). While not particular a hardcore Star Wars fan in her youth, she followed closely the Harry Potter series claiming to be part of the Ravenclaw house.

Tara Dean Morgan

Tara at the 2015 Sam Diego Comic ConBorn                       Tara Dean Morgan                                         22 July 1992 (age 27)                                            Los Angeles, California Occupations            Model and actre...

Born Tara Dean Morgan
22 July 1992 (age 27)
Los Angeles, California
Occupations Model and actress
Years active 2010-present
Relatives Jeffrey Dean Morgan (father)

Career
Tara had her first paying job at age fourteen in an editorial shot by Bruce Weber for Vogue España. She signed with NEXT Management in 2010 and she worked in the industry for almost four seasons before booking her first runway show in Milan Fashion Week SS13.

Although only being in the industry for one season before casting the voice role as Periwinkle and dedicating to acting full time, she still walks the runway on a few occasions and has done some campaigns including Dolce&Gabbana, Valentino and Tiffany&Co.

2012-2015 Beginnings and Star Wars breakthrough
Tara began her acting career with minor roles in films co-starring her father Jeffrey Dean Morgan. She appeared in the Walt Disney animated motion picture Tinker Bell: The Secret of Wings as the voice of Periwinkle. Tara starred in the SS 2015 campaign for Dior that landed her The Model Of The Year Award. She also appeared in the music video for Taylor Swift's song "Bad Blood", playing the character of Boomslang.

In April 2014, the casting of Tara as Rey, one of the lead characters in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, was announced. She was cast for the film in February 2014. At the time of her casting she was, according to Rolling Stone, just "another nepotism baby." Her choice by director J. J. Abrams was seen as a repeat of George Lucas' move of casting relatively unknown actors for the lead roles in the first Star Wars film in 1977.
Tara began filming her scenes in May 2014 at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, and prior to the film's release in December 2015, she appeared at the launch of a set of Star Wars postage stamps issued by the UK postal service Royal Mail, with her character Rey featuring on a stamp along with the droid BB-8. With international revenues of over $2 billion, The Force Awakens was a major box-office hit and the highest-grossing film of 2015. Her performance received critical acclaim, with Richard Roeper describing her portrayal as "a breakout performance" and adding "[Harrison] Ford and [Oscar] Isaac have a terrific father figure chemistry [shared] with [Tara] Dean Morgan and [John] Boyega".