12

Act One scene One
🎬
__________________
7pm at Casa Bonita mansion
________________

Welcome Master
Lady Esmeralda has been so worried all through last night, she refused to eat anything.
~Ruth

Thank you Ruth i will be seeing her in some minutes, meanwhile where is my mom?
~Mateo

Lady Teresa is at the backyard attending to her flowers,
would you want me to set dinner already?
~Ruth

Not yet Ruth, thank you.
~Mateo
__________________
Mateo goes searching for Teresa
__________________

Good evening mother,
I hope am not butting in on you?
~Mateo

Not exactly son, am almost done.
I guess you are just coming back home, hope everything went well?
~Teresa

Well! For now i think we are save, at least everything is still going as planned.
~Mateo

And the contract? I believe you you had the conversation with her right?
~Teresa

Not yet mother, am still to mention anything concerning the contract to her.
Am just being very careful so she does not second guess my intentions.
~Mateo

Bullshit! What exactly are you doing son? You seem weak all of a sudden, careful...extra careful, what is all these rubbish?
~Teresa

Mother believe me am still very much conscious of the importance of this to our company,
am simply trying to avoid the perspicacity of her remarks.
~Mateo

At what length? Son!
I expect you to show intellectual acuity to this matter, and not trying to challenge the correctness of our plans.
You are Andrew Rodriguez' son and should act like one.
~Teresa

I know mother, my late father was a man of some tactics and shrewd business acumen.
~Mateo

And also had a flair for good business deals.
You show a good cognizance of the importance of this contract on ROD so why the delay?.
Now you listen son, we will not be able to win this contract if you continue to slow walk addressing the significance of ROD company to Evans-trans company.
~Teresa

I totally get what you are saying mother and i promise not to disappoint you, i am just trying not to act too smart and dump at the same time.
~Mateo

Oh! Son.
Put an end to your stupid blether about "puns surrounding the Beatles" and be Man.
~Teresa

I am a man mother, but.... i still feel i...i should....i mean it is better i....
~Mateo

Enough! Real men do not falter.
And less i forget, the existence of a chemistry between you and Laia should soly be for the company's interest and growth.
Such sentiments are just pious claptrap,
So i would advice if possible you set a reminder to this.
~Teresa