17.

Act One scene One
🎬
_________________________________
It is 8pm and Esmeralda is still asleep at the hospital but her rest time is suddenly interrupted by Mateo call. _______________________________

Hello! Darling,
how are you doing and my son? Am just about leaving the office and i want to know if there is anything you would like me to buy for you?
~Mateo

Actually honey there is a lot, but firstly congratulations to you and to us.
~Esmeralda

Congratulations?
For what exactly darling?
~Mateo

For the birth of our son.
Yes! Honey i have delivered of a beautiful baby boy so now you are a father.
~Esmeralda

________________________________
Esmeralda could feel the joy and excitement from Mateo's voice on the other end of the phone.
_______________________

Oh! Wow! This is the best new so far.
I am so happy darling, and i cannot wait to carry me baby.
Just hold on, i will be with you two in some minutes.
~Mateo

Alright honey.
But you may be needing the address to the hospital so let me forward it you.
~Esmeralda

Address?
Am well acquainted with my family doctor's hospital, so darling i won't be needing it.
~Mateo

Uhm! Honey you will.
Am not at your family doctor hospital so please just come over to the address i sent.
~Esmeralda

Really? Okay!
We will talk about that when i come, see you in a little while.
~Mateo
________________________________
As Esmeralda ends the call, she gently gets down from her bed and makes her way to doctor Benjamin's office.
_______________________

Oh! No! Lady Esmeralda you are not supposed to leave you room, you could have sent for me if you wanted my attention.
Please, let me help you with the seat... take it easy... okay.
~Doc Benjamin

I came because i wanted to talk to privately without the nurses or anyone's interruption.
I need you to do something for me, you have been an old friend of my family and a loyal one too.
~Esmeralda

Lady Esmeralda like you rightly said,
am a old friend to the Reyes family so whatever it is you request of me will be granted for the sake of our families relationship.
~Doc Benjamin

Good.
My husband Mateo will be with us in a short time and i do not want him to know about his son's health issues, so you need to put a stop to whatever source through which the information might get to him.
~Esmeralda

Wow! Am surprised at this request, isn't Mateo the father to your son, So why keep him in dark about his son's health problem?
~Doc Benjamin

You won't still get it even if i explain a million times.
I do not want to risk anything with my son and my marriage, telling Mateo about this will not only break him but will also give his mother Teresa an excuse to continue to impose herself in our marriage.
~Esmeralda