CHAPTER 24

Toni

I decided to go back to work so I can forget about my sad life, I drowned myself in paperwork and locked myself in the office since Rupert told me not to get mad.

As for Olivia...well she still doesn't know I'm back, I didn't tell her or anybody. Only dad knows, Logan did in fact meet with Olivia yesterday she told her I had business overseas that's why I couldn't come back to the country.

"Ms Strom, Ms Sanchez is here to see you" Rachel informed me through the phone, my heart dropped to my stomach at the sound of Olivia being here.

"Ehm..let her in" I took a deep breath and tried to calm my heart and tried to think of what to say and how to explain the situation to her, I typed on my computer trying to focus on something else until she's here.

"Hey" Logan said with smile walking inside my office, I sighed in relief and rubbed my forehead in frustration.

"I thought it was Olivia, I need to tell Rachel to specify which Sanchez next time" I explained, Logan rolled her eyes and sat on the couch. My alarm and hers went on at the same time and I sighed, it was time for my meds.

"Why do you have an alarm for my medication as well?" I asked confused, I pulled the med bottles from the drawer while Logan poured me a glass of water.

"So you don't forget to take them, I know you're busy with work" she explained with a smile, I put the pills in my mouth and down the glass of water.

"I won't forget I assure you" but it was such a sweet thing of her to do, Logan has been nothing but a good friend to me and I'm so thankful to have her.

"So, why are you here? My appointment with Rupert is in four hours" I asked, she was laying on the couch playing on her phone while I was doing paperwork. She turned on her side so she can face me.

"Nothing, I got bored and decided to pay you a visit and wait with you here." I wasn't convinced with her but I decided to let it go, I hummed and pushed my reading glasses further on my face.

"How's...ehm Olivia?" I asked hesitantly, Logan sat up with a bored look. She's still against the fact that I didn't contact Olivia at all, she keeps telling me to call or at least send her a text because she's worried about me.

"She's sad, but Peter is there for her." Her words made me look up fast, I bit the inside of my cheek annoyed with what she just told me and looked back at my monitor.

"What do you mean?" I asked trying to act stupid, Logan made her way towards my desk and sat on the edge with her arms crossed.

"I mean Peter took the chance that you're not there and he's trying to get closer to her." The feeling I got when I heard that was undescribable, it felt like something was burning in my chest. I was getting mad, I was getting upset just thinking about him getting closer to her but I had to control myself.

"Interesting" was all I said, Logan scoffed in disbelief. I shouldn't get mad, I shouldn't get nervous, I shouldn't get upset. I have to stay calm and not put a hole in Peter's head.

"That's it? 'intresting' is all you have to say? Do you know what Olivia would do if she knew you came back a week ago and didn't tell her?" Logan pressured even more, I took off my glasses and put my hands on my face.

"And let me remind you your birthday is tomor-..." Her phone started to ring cutting her off mid sentence, geez I forgot about my birthday. What am I going to do?

"Oh hi Olivia, how are you doing?" Logan said making me look at her with raised eyebrows, Logan put the phone on speaker and I got to hear Olivia's sweet voice after a long week. My heart started to increase speed in excitement at the sound of her, I missed her so much.