Chapter 1

The young man stood away from the group of people, watching them, as they continued talking and laughing among themselves. This was it. All of them were finally in their own places. They were happy. Despite the hardships and sacrifices, everybody had made it through. And he was proud to call them his teammates. But they were more to him than just that. They were his family. Shiro, Lance, Pidge, Hunk and Coran.

A voice called out to him and he searched for the speaker. It was Lance, calling him to spend time with the rest of them. Keith gave a small nod and walked forwards to join them. They continued conversations and dinner and he kept smiling from time to time.
It was their last day together before the five paladins of Voltron would embark on their individual paths. They had come together as a team and done well and now it was time they replenish their own selves. They had learnt a lot through and by being Voltron and now it was time they put those efforts into work individually, after putting them together as a team.

But it wasn’t goodbye. They could never say goodbye. They were family now; connected together through Voltron that strengthened and increased their bond. They still had the lions and had agreed to visit each other from time to time as each of them took on their individual roles.

Before long, the dinner was over and everybody was saying goodbye. Tears were shed and even Keith found himself feeling overwhelmed. These people had been with him for such a long time. Despite their differences and arguments, they had come to embrace each other as a team and as a family. And now, he was saying goodbye to them. Though it may be temporary, he had gotten used to the others being around him.

There were hugs and tears and more hugs before they finally broke away. Coran would be going with Lance to the newly found Altea. They’d spread Allura’s message throughout the planet. Hunk would stay on Earth with his family and work alongside Pidge and her family to create and develop advanced machines through the Altean knowledge they learnt all these years. Shiro too would stay on Earth with his newly found happiness. As for Keith, he had decided to stay on Earth as well and help rebuild everything with the Earthlings and aliens combined.

“What about the throne to the Galra Empire?” asked Lance.

“I rejected it.”

“Typical Keith.”

The others laughed and before they knew it, Lance and Coran had left in the Blue Lion. Adam had joined Shiro aboard the Black Lion and Keith could see its disappearing figure into the night. Pidge and Hunk too left towards the Garrison in their lions and Keith was the only one left behind. Before long, he too left the open field and flew towards the Garrison.

A/N First chapter done!! Hope y'all enjoy this!!