Chapter 18

Keith was happy to see Acxa. He went to welcome her personally and as she smiled at him, he hugged her tight.

"I assume you need me," she said playfully.

"I do need you, yes, but I missed you," he said, breaking the hug.

Acxa felt herself feeling giddy at that and had to internally face palm and then slap herself for that.

They made their way to the throne room together and as much as Keith was happy to see her back, he wanted to ask her where she had went to. He knew as much that she wasn't in the same solar system and he respected her privacy so he didn't track her while she was away. He knew that if she wanted him to know where she was going, she would have told him.

So, Keith hadn't went as far as tracking her to know if she was all right and he also hadn't contacted her, knowing she needed her space and she had specified a certain time for her off which meant that she wanted her personal time and boundaries.

Acxa told Keith about where she had been. When she told him all of the stories of that place, Keith told her it resembled the beaches of earth in many ways. She said she hadn't been to the beach before that and even when she was at earth, she didn't have the chance to visit places or get to know about them.

"I see you enjoyed yourself there while I had to work my ass off," Keith said seriously.

"You took your vacation too, for almost two weeks, on earth, while I had to manage everything by myself," she protested.

"I'm the Emperor, Acxa."

"No, you're Arrogant," she replied.

Keith laughed.

"I like it," he said.

Acxa shook her head and sighed inwardly.

"I would call you "cocky bastard" but you are the Emperor," she said under her breath.

"You know I heard that right?"

Acxa said nothing and continued her work. Her heart was racing. He was the Emperor and he was sitting in his own throne room, joking and messing around with her. She liked it but she wondered how long it would last for.

The rest of the day passed by usual. Keith was caught up in his work and so was Acxa. She figured Keith had had a lot on his plate when she had left. It was only a week but he was used to dividing the work load between the two of them and with her gone, he had a lot manage. Not to mention the fact that he didn't want a Temporary General while she was away.

When they were done for the day, Keith walked to his chambers along with Acxa, who parted ways after a goodnight. Now that she was back, Keith was happy and he slept with a smile on his face that night.

As for Acxa, she felt peaceful and content. She had finally found an answer to all her questions and that answer was him. The way he had spent the whole day with her despite them working and he had paid close attention to everything she had told him and the way he had hugged her.

It was all like returning home after a few days. While there had been nobody to welcome her and look forward to her coming back, she now had the Emperor who needed her and not just as a general but also as a friend. And that made Acxa happy.

She thought about how his face had lit up when he had seen her. It had been the cause of pure joy for her. To have someone who looked forward to her was what made her happy. She hadn't known that feeling before but Keith seemed to be doing all the impossible when it came to her.

Acxa knew he had conquered her heart and raised his own flag there and now, her heart was a whole world that belonged just to him.