chapter 2.2

Pov Kat

When the tournament starts Merlin and I both lean against the table with swords on top of it. all the knights stand in the middle of the arena. Uther gives a speech that takes way too long. Merlin and I aren't paying attention to the speech. Merlin walks off to get something for Arthur, I just look up at the sky, admiring the birds that fly freely. How I wish that I was free like that. My consideration breaks when Gaius calls my name from the medical tent. I walk over to the medical tent and see Gaius looking over his medical supplies.  

"Kat dear could you go to my chambers and grab some Rosemary, I can't find them here." Gaius says

"Of course, You must have forgotten."

"yes, I must have. It is supposed to be in the upper cabinet above the fruit bowl." I give Gaius a small node and walk towards the chalet, The tournament has started and Merlin is standing next to Arthur. I turn around a walk away.

I look over the bottles trying to find the one with Rosemary on it. After 5 Minutes of looking over the bottles I still haven't found anything so I look over at the cabinet on the other side of the room.

"Maybe Gaius was wrong what if it's in that cabinet?" I say to myself, and walk to the brown cabinet with an old crocket door. When I open the door a Letter falls out and lands on the floor. I pick it up and put it on the table, Just when I notice it has my name on it.

'Katerina Balinora Wyllt' Is writen on the envelope. I look at the letter confused.

"What in gods name." I say to myself as I pick up the letter from the table. As I take a closer look at the envelope I see that it has already been opened. I pull out the letter inside the envelope. Then all of a sudden the door flies open and I quickly stuff the letter under my shirt. Gaius walks in and looks at me and then at the open cabinet.

"You were away for so long so I thought I would come and see if everything was alright." Gaius says

"Everything is fine, although..." And I stop, I'm not sure what to say, I'm not sure if I should tell him I found a letter. Maybe he was the one who opened it in the first place and didn't want me to know. "I couldn't find the Rosemary. I say

"You did this all by yourself?" Arthur asks Merlin as he points to the clean and polished armor

"Yes, sire." Merlin says proudly looking at the armor as if he didn't use magic

"He did this all by himself?" Arthur looks up at me. While I am replacing the candles on his nightstand.

"I know I didn't do it." I say. Arthur turns back to Merlin.

"Now let's see if you can get it on without forgetting something." Arthur says. Merlin puts on Arthur's hauberk and surcoat, followed by the gorget, vambraces, pauldron, and couter. Next, his mail coif, belt, sword belt, dagger, and sword. Merlin hands Arthur his helmet.

"That was much better." Arthur says

"Not that it could have gotten any worse." Arthur and I both say at the same time. Merlin looks at us and throws his hands up in frustration. Arthur smiles at me and turns back to Merlin.

"Well, I'm a fast learner." Merlin says

"I hope, for your sake, that's true." Arthur says and walks out and closes the door behind himself.

"Kat?" Merlin says in a tone of 'What did you do?'

"What?" I ask 

"What is going on with you and Arthur since when do you two think alike."

"What do you mean?"

"You and Arthur just said the same thing at the same time."

"Yha must have been a coincidence." I say

"Kat you know just as well as I do it wasn't."

"What do you want me to say?" I say angrily and sit down against Arthur's bed.

"Kat we have no idea what kind of magic it is you have, so maybe you shouldn't be playing with it until we do." Merlin looks at me with both frustraision and concern 

"You used your for your chores." I say

"That's different, we know what magic I have, I mean we know what I am. With you we have no idea. You should tell Gaius about it maybe he can help."

"He would tell Uther and you know it." Merlin moves to Arthur's bed, where I am still sitting. 

"We don't know that."

"And I don't feel like finding out." My annoyment turns to anger.

"He kept my secret, and Mom wouldn't have sent us here if it wasn't safe."

"Yes, but you aren't a treat to him." My head starts to spin at the word 'Treat'

"Ow Kat he is going to find out sooner or later."

"Now don't jinx it." I say and get up from the floor and walk out of the room leaving Merlin with his thoughts. As I walk through the halls I go over the conversation I had with Merlin just moments ago. 'What if he is right?' 'Maybe it would be better if Gaius knows.' I think to myself. I walk outside to the arena. Merlin catches up with me. He puts his arm around me and tougher we walk to the side of the arena so we can watch Arthur and the other knights. 

"Is it my imagination, or are you two beginning to enjoy yourselves?" Gaius walks behind us

"It isn't totally horrible all the time." Merlin says. Arthur fights his opponent. Who he easily beats.

"YES!" Merlin starts to clap enthusiastically. Arthur gets out of the arena and stands next to Merlin to watch Valiant fight.

"You did well." I say

"Thank you, Katerina." Arthur says and looks at me and then back at the arena. Now it is Valiant's turn. Valiant fights in the arena. He knocks down Sir Ewan, whose helm rolls off. Valiant pins him down with his shield. Valiant hits him and stands up. the crowd cheers. Arthur and Merlin see Sir Ewan just lying there. Merlin removes his arm from my shoulder. and looks at Arthur then both Arthur and Merlin look at me.

"Kat I think he is badly hurt." Merlin says, I look up from the ground since fighting doesn't really interests me.

"GAIUS!" I say and run towards the fallen knight who hasn't moved an inch. Gaius is quick to follow with his medical bag.

1046 words