𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

(A/N: You will not meet five in this chapter, this is only your background. Italics are your thoughts)

My name is (y/n) (l/n)
I have worked with the commission since I was 13. This is my story.
I was born October 1st, 1989. Which if you know anything about the most recent timeline, you'll know it means I was born the same day as the infamous 'Umbrella Academy' kids.
Ya know, the ones with the powers and stuff.

Mr.Hargreaves tried to buy me from my mom, but she obviously declined, because who the fuck would sell their child. My mom was my best friend, she always had my back, no matter what. Anything I was passionate about, she supported me in.

When I was 12, on Christmas, we were making cookies, getting ready for our annual movie night. Right as she was about to put the cookies on the cookie sheet, she passed out, fell to the ground and her head started bleeding. I started to freak out, and called 911.

The doctors couldn't figure out what happened, but she wouldn't wake up.
The next 10 months were a blur, mom couldn't pay the rent (obviously), so I got evicted. I practically lived in the hospital after that, spending practically every minute crying over my mom, the nurses felt bad, so they'd sneak me food, and let me use the showers.

I was walking around the park one day, because one of the nurses said 'a kid my age shouldn't be inside so much' and 'walking around will help you feel better'. Aka, they needed to do some sort of testing on mom.
I was kicking a rock around, when I heard a voice.

"Hello my dear." A women's voice said from behind me. Oh shit, istg if I get kidnapped right now.

I jumped, turning around slowly.
The lady was tall, she looked young, but she had white hair. She carried a brief case, and wore a pencil skirt.
I just stared at her.

The lady: "Well you're a talkative little thing aren't you?" She let out a laugh.

"Who are you?" I started picking at the skin around my fingers.

Lady: "I'm The Handler, soon to be your best friend" She looked at me, expecting a response I guess.

But really, how does one reply to that?

She let out a frustrated sigh. "You're name is (y/n), correct? You're mom is sick, and you don't know why, doctors can't figure it out either, right?" I glared at her.

How would she know that.

"Did you do something to her?" I ask, I feel my body start shaking.

The Handler put up her hands. "I did nothing, but I can help her. For a price of course."

My body stills, and I feel hope rising in my throat. "Of course, anything."
She gave me a kind smile. "I was hoping you'd say that."

She sticks out her hand, I took it, and all of a sudden we're in a building, and I feel sick.

"What the actual hell was that." I ask, trying not to hurl all over her.

"Teleportation my dear, I'm sorry, I should've given you a warning." She gave me a sympathetic smile. "But if you'd please come with me, I'd really appreciate it."