Chapter 13

[MARVIN'S POV]

After A Good Nap, A Good Shower, And A Quick Edge Up, I Was Dressed And Headed Back To The Club. I Had An Hour Until Kaidence Arrived And I Was Meeting My In-laws There To Get The Food Set Out, And Make Sure Everybody Was On Time. I Parked On The Side Of The Club, And Grabbed My Stash Of Drugs. I Know I Said I Was Only Going To Snort Once, But I Can't Help It. Weed Doesn't Do It For Me Like Cocaine Does. As Long As I Don't Do It As Often As I Use To Then I'm Good. I Snorted The Last Row, And Hoped Out The Car And Headed Inside. The First Person I Saw When I Walked In Was Of Course The Hostess AKA Sabrina.

"Welcome Back Again, Mr. Smith. Right On Time I See." She Said. She Was Finishing Up The "Happy Birthday Kaidence" Muriel Until She Saw Me Walk In.

"You Did That?" I Asked.

"Yeah. I Went To School For Art. I Love It." She Said. That Gave Me An Idea.

"Can I Pay You To Do A Personal Painting For Me?" I Asked.

"Sure! What Did You Have In Mind?" She Asked. Before I Could Give Her My Ideas, My In-laws Walked In.

"Hey Marvin." Said Moms In Law.

"Hey Momma B. Papa Roman. This Is Sabrina. She Is The Hostess For The Night And Made All This Happen." I Said. They Shook Hands.

"So When Can We Expect The Food To Arrive?" Momma B Asked.

"It's On Its Way Now, And This Area Is Where We Will Set Up The Buffet Tables And Have The Different Varieties Of Food Served." She Said, Pointing To An Empty Space.

"Okay And Where Does The Gifts Go?" She Asked.

"That Area Over There." She Said Pointing To A Table Next To The Entrance Way.

"Okay Good. Baby Go Get The Gifts And Tell Aleeyah And Xavier That They Can Come In." She Said. Papa Roman Said Nothing As He Turned And Left.

"Well I'm Going To Go Change And Get Ready For The Arrival Of The Guests And The Caterers." Sabrina Said. She Turned And Disappeared Into The Back Room.

"This Is A Wonderful Thing You're Doing For Kaidence. Thank You. She Deserves This." She Said Hugging Me.

"Don't Thank Me Moms. I Love Kaidence More Than Anything And This Party Will Be A Fun Event For Her." I Said.

"Yes It Will, But I Know She's Gonna Be Missing Serenity. They've Been Tight Since Day One." She Said.

"I Know. How Is She Doing Anyways?" I Asked.

"Not Good. She Isn't Taking The Leave To Rehab Good." She Said. I Knew Exactly What She Was Going Through. When I Went To Rehab, It Took Months For Everything To Sink Through, But I Got Through It And Look At Me Now. Married With Twin Girls On The Way, And A Hyper Step Son Who Loves Me Just As Much As He Loves His Mom.

"Let's Not Talk About Serenity. I Am Going To Cry Again." She Said.

"Conversation Is Over." I Said.

             *************

The Food Truck Has Finally Made It And Everything Is Going Smoothly. Guests Have Already Started To Arrive, And All That's Left Is Getting The Birthday Girl Here. I Went To The Bathroom And Called Bre.

"Hey Where Y'all At?" I Asked.

"We Are Just Now Getting Dressed, So We Are Going To Be Running A Little Late." She Said.

"How Late?" I Asked.

"Not That Late, But Late." She Said.

"Aight. Just Hurry Up And Get Here Safely." I Snapped.

"Yeah Okay Bye!" She Said.

We Hung Up And I Walked Into The Bathroom Stall To Take A Quick Snort Break. I Had To Hurry Before Somebody Came Looking For Me, So I Quickly Snorted The Four Rows Of Cocaine And Wiped My Nose. I Stuffed The Bag In My Pocket And Hurried Out The Bathroom, Bumping Into Sabrina.

"Shit My Bad." I Said.

"No, That Was My Fault." She Said. This Girl Is Starting To Get On My Nerves.

"Sorry I Was Heading To The Office." She Said.

"It's Cool. Go Ahead." I Said.

"Okay. Um...Did You Figure Out The Painting Idea?" She Asked.

"Not Yet, But I'll Let You Know Later On Before The Night Ends." I Said. She Nodded.

"Okay Cool." She Said. I Turned And Made My Way Back To The Party.

"Attention Everyone! The Birthday Girl Is Running Late, But Enjoy The Party Until She Arrives, And Thanks For Coming." I Said. I Walked Over To The Bar And Grabbed Me A Drink. I Then Received A Text From Bre Saying That They Were On The Way.

(Sabrina In MM.)