Chapter 26

[KAIDENCE'S POV]

"Miss Kaidence You Should Be In Bed!" Miss Kim Said.

"I Know, But I Wanted To See My Babies. Plus I Just Woke Up From A Nap." I Said.

"Yeah, But If Marvin See's You Up Then It'll Be Bad." She Said.

"Don't Worry About Him. Just Leave Him To Me." I Said.

"I Really Think You Should Get Back In Bed. Please. I'll Bring The Girls To You." She Said. I Sighed.

"Okay." I Said. I Turned And Slowly Headed Back To My Room, Until I Heard Kaiden Talking To...Somebody. I Opened His Bedroom Door And Saw Him Sitting In The Middle Of The Floor...Alone.

"Hey Boo. Who Are You Talking To?" I Asked.

"No One." He Said.

"Don't Lie To Me." I Said.

"It's Just My Imaginary Friend Toby." He Said. Oh Shit. No More Scary Movies For Him.

"Oh. Well Have Fun And Keep This Door Open." I Said.

"Okay Mommy." He Said. I Smiled And Headed Back To My Room. My Body Ached Bad And I Really Didn't Want To Lay In Bed. So Instead, I Wandered Into Marvin's Office. I Never Came In Here Unless I Was Coming To Get Him After He Had Fallen Asleep In Here, But Other Than That I Wasn't Allowed.

I Sat His Desk And Glanced At Our Wedding Picture That Was On His Desk. We Looked So Cute And It Made Me Smile. I Was Glad That He Was In My Life, Though I Always Wondered What Life Would've Been Like If Marvin Never Popped Up At My Door At Three In The Morning. I Wouldn't Have Given Birth To My Two Precious Girls And Kaiden Would've Probably Been Fatherless. The Thought Is Scary. My Mind Then Slowly Drifted To Preston. Wow...My First Love, My First...Everything Was Gone. Sure He Beat Me Like Crazy And Almost Put Me In A Coma, But We Also Had Some Good Times.

"What Are You Doing Out Of Bed?" Marvin Said. Damn When Did He Get Home?

"Hey Babe. I Was Looking For Something." I Said.

"That Doesn't Explain Why You're Out Of Bed. What Were You Looking For?" He Said. Fuck! He's Always Asking Questions.

"Uhh...Stamps And Envelopes. Yeah....I Was Going To Umm....Write Serenity A Letter. I Miss Her." I Lied.

"I'll Grab Some For You, But You Need To Get Back In Bed." He Said. I Nodded And Stood Up. He Watched Me As I Slowly Walked Towards The Door.

"Let Me Carry You." He Said.

"No. I Got It." I Said.

"Baby Quit Tryna Be Super Woman." He Said.

"Quit Tryna Be Superman." I Said.

"But I Am." He Said. I Giggled As He Lifted Me Up And Carried Me To The Room.

"You Are So Hardheaded!" I Said. He Laughed As He Laid Me Down In The Bed.

"So How Was The Meeting?" I Asked.

"Great. We're Sealing The Deal Tonight, And Then We're Shaking It This Weekend." He Said.

"I Thought You Were Staying Home This Weekend." I Said.

"I Was, But I Gotta Show Shawty The Ropes And Shit." He Said.

"Can't Kevin Or Rich Do That?" I Asked.

"They Could, But The Main Boss Needs To Do It." He Said. I Rolled My Eyes. He Was Coming Up With Every Excuse Not To Stay Home With Us And It Was Fustrating.

"You Said You Would Spend More Time At Home With Us." I Said.

"And I Will. I Gotta Make This Money Though Baby." He Said.

"Whatever." I Said. He Was Starting To Annoy Me To The Max.

"Now Don't Start With The Attitude. You Know I'm About Making Money." He Said.

"If That Was The Case Then You Should've Married Your Money And Got It Pregnant! You Have A Family Now And We Need To Be Your First Priority! Not Running Along The Streets Or Clubbing All The Time!" I Snapped.

"Man My Family Is My First Priority! Clearly If I Been Taking Care Of You And Kaiden, And He Ain't Even My Real Son!" He Said. My Mouth Dropped A Little. Did He Really Just Say That? Oh Wow.

"I Know He Isn't Yours, But Newsflash Marvin....You Killed His REAL Daddy! You're The Next Best Thing He Has To A Daddy!" I Said, In A Low Voice.

"We Not About To Argue About This Again." He Said.

"The Truth Hurts." I Said.

"Aight Kaidence." He Said. He Turned And Walked Out Of The Room. If He Wanted To Be Mad Then Fuck It, I'll Be Mad Too! I Then Picked Up The Phone And Called My Mom.

"Hey Mom." I Said.

"Hey Mamas. What's Wrong?" She Asked. Ugh! I Hate When She Does That.

"Nothing. I Er....Almost Got Ran Over Today." I Said.

"What? Are You Okay?" She Asked.

"I'm Fine. Just A Little Banged Up." I Said.

"Oh Baby! Do You Want Me To Bring You And Kaiden Some Dinner?" She Said.

"Oh Please!" I Said. She Laughed.

"Okay Mamas. It'll Be Just Me, Aleeyah, And Xavier Though." She Said.

"Oh Okay. Where's Daddy?" I Asked.

"Asleep. He Has To Work Tonight, And We're Not On Good Terms." She Said.

"Oh Lord. What Happened Now?" I Asked.

"We'll Talk About That Later. I'll See You Soon." She Said. We Hung Up And I Laid Down. I Guess I'll Take Another Nap.