Chapter 31

[KAIDENCE'S POV]

FLASHBACK: As I Was Running The Detour Way Back Home, I Noticed A Unmark Black Car Following Close Behind Me. When I Turned And Glanced At The Car, It Came Speeding Towards Me. I Jumped Out The Way, Slamming And Injury My Body On The Ground. I Cry Out In Pain As I Glanced At The Car That Was Fleeing Away And Noticed The Pink License Plate With "PRINCESS" Across It....

           **BACK TO REALITY**

How Could I Forget That Obvious Detail?! Oh My God!

"Marvin! It Was Her! She Tried To Run Me Over!" I Said.

"April? Are You Sure?" He Said.

"Positive! I Remember The License Plate Clearly Now! It Was Her!" I Said.

"Aight. Ima Handle That Bitch Tomorrow!" He Said.

"No. Let Me Handle It." I Said.

"No Fuck That! She Already Tried To Hurt You Once, It Ain't Happening Again." He Snapped.

"Marvin Please! I Want Her To Regret The Day She Fucked With Kaidence Amaarí Smith! This Is My Battle And I'll Be Damned If I Sit Back And Let You Fight It For Me!" I Snapped. He Sighed.

"This Is Not Up For Discussion." He Said.

"No It Is Up For Discussion. You Do This All The Time! You Can't Keep Trying To Protect Me! I'm A Big Girl And I Can Protect Myself!" I Snapped.

"Like Hell I Can't! We Are Married And As Your Husband I Will Protect You!" He Said. I Scratched My Head In Fustration.

"I'm Not A Baby, Marvin! I Don't Need Protection!" I Snapped.

"End Of Discussion, Red! And I Mean The Fucking End!" He Said. He Turned And Stormed Into The Kitchen.

"Marvin!" I Yelled. I Was About To Follow Him Until One Of The Twins Started Crying. It Was Naomii. I Quickly Grabbed Her Out Of Her Swing And Cradled Her In My Arms.

"Mommy Sorry Boo." I Said. I Walked Into The Kitchen And Handed Her To Marvin.

"I Need To Get Their Bottles Ready." I Said.

"So Did You Hear Serenity's Home?" He Asked.

"Yep." I Said.

"Are....You Going To Her Welcome Home Dinner Tonight?" He Asked.

"Nope." I Said.

"What? Why Not?" He Asked.

"Because The Last Time I Spoke To Serenity I Slapped The Taste Out Of Her Mouth. She Used Drugs And Accused You Of Rape! Sooo...No! I Won't Be Attending." I Said.

"Baby She's Your Sister. I'm Still Mad, But I Know She'd Want You, Kaiden, And The Girls There." He Said.

"I Don't Think So." I Said.

"Kaidence." He Said.

"Marvin...Don't!" I Snapped.

"Fine, But When Are You Going To Learn To Forgive?" He Asked.

"Never." I Said.

"Your Momma Is So Hardheaded. I Hope You And Nevaeh Don't Take On That Horrible Gene." He Said To Naomii.

"Really?" I Said Giggling. He Smiled.

"Come Here." He Said. I Rolled My Eyes And Walked To Him. He Kissed My Lips.

"Can You Stop Being Stubborn And Go See Your Sister Tonight? And Afterwards....After The Lil Ones Are Asleep.....I'll Let You Take A Trip To Marvinland." He Said. Ohhh How Tempting Is He!

"Hmm....Nice Try, But My Answer Remains The Same." I Said. He Laughed.

"You Are A Mess!" He Said.

"I Know." I Said.

"Somebody Needs A Diaper Change So I'll Be Back. At Least Think About Tonight. If Not For Me, Do It For Our Kids." He Said. He Kissed My Cheek And Headed Upstairs. I Sighed. Maybe He Was Right....Maybe I Should Forgive. Forgive Maybe, Forget Never.