Chapter 29

[KAIDENCE'S POV]

Finding Out Yet Another Woman Has Made A Pass At My Husband, And My Sister Might Be Coming Home; I Was Overwhelmed. My Mom And Dad Had Already Left To Go To Serenity's Evaluation, And Marvin Was Taking Kaiden To School. I Was Home Alone With The Girls While Kim Was Out Running Errands. I Loved My Alone Times With My Girls. They Were Getting So Big And I Was Feeling A Little Upset Cause I Had To Go Back To Work AND School Monday. Oh Well....I'll Have To Cherish Our Time Now And All Weekend. I Had Both Girls In My Arms As I Went To Put Them In There Swing.

"Hopefully Y'all Enjoy Y'all First Time In The Swing Cause Mommy Has To Get Some Work Done." I Said. I Started Up Their Swings And Gave Them Their Pacifiers. I Then Sat Down And Began Doing My Homework. Study. Study. Study. That's All My Day Will Consists Of.

While I Was Finishing Up A Chapter, There Was A Knock At The Door. Maybe Kim Left Her Keys Again. I Got Up And Walked To The Door. When I Opened It, I Seen A Big Red Box With A Big Yellow Bow On It. I Looked Around And Saw No One In Sight As I Glanced Back Down At The Mysterious Box. I Searched...And Searched...BINGO! I Found A Card. I Grabbed It And Quickly Opened It. It Read:

"I'm Sorry About Last Night. I Don't Know What Came Over Me, But I Hope This Doesn't Jeopardize Our Partnership. Forgive Me?

-April Palmer."

My Blood Began Boiling As I Snatched Open The Gift. This Woman Has Brought MY Husband A Brand New Laptop, Some New Shoes, A Snapback, And.....Jewelry? She Has Lost Her Mind! I Left The Stuff On The Porch And Went Back To The Couch. I Took A Few Deep Breaths And Went Back To Studying, But That Didn't Last Long. I Grabbed My Phone And Dialed Marvin's Number.

"Baby I'm Pulling In Now." He Answered. I Hung Up Without Saying A Word And Sat There.

"Baby What's This On The Porch?" He Asked, As He Came In The House.

"Your Not So Secret Admirer Sent That To You." I Said.

"Word? I'll Throw That Shit Out." He Said.

"Did You Even Look In The Box?" I Asked.

"Nahh, But You Did Though." He Said. I Giggled.

"Damn Right. She Sent You A Laptop, Shoes, A Hat, And Some Jewelry." I Said. He Laughed.

"Ion Want None Of That Shit, But I Do Want Some Of My Red." He Said.

"Too Bad. Your Red Has To Study." I Said.

"Maaannn." He Said. I Giggled.

"Baby I Gotta Finish Up This Chapter." I Said.

"Man Why You Gotta Go To School And Shit? You Know I Can Take Care Of You And The Kids." He Said.

"True, But I Don't Wanna Be Dependent On You And Besides, I Have Another Month And A Half Until Im Certified RN. Just Bare With Me Please." I Said.

"Aight Baby. I'll Let You Do You. Though I'm Tryna Do You." He Said.

"Good Things Come To Those Who Wait." I Teased.

"You Right. Ima Get Into All That Later. But Until Then...Are You Hungry?" He Asked.

"I'm Starving." I Said.

"Breakfast It Is." He Said. He Disappeared Into The Kitchen While I Finished Studying.

        ***ONE HOUR LATER***

"Study Time Is Over Baby. Come Eat." Marvin Said.

"One More Chapter?" I Begged.

"No. You Study Too Hard. Eat." He Said. I Sighed And Sat My Books Down. He Handed Me My Plate And I Immediately Began Chowing Down. Crispy Bacon, Cheesy Eggs, Potatoes, And Biscuits! God...Can My Man Cook!

"Slow Down Baby Damn!" He Said.

"I'm Hungry!" I Said.

"I See." He Laughed. I Rolled My Eyes And Continued Eating. I Was About To Say Something, When The Doorbell Rang.

"Who's That?" He Asked. I Shrugged. Marvin Got Up And Answered The Door.

"What Are You Doing Here?" He Snapped.

"I Wanted To Apologize In Person." I Heard A Female Voice Say. I Hopped Up And Walked Towards The Door.

"Man You Can't Be Here. Especially After That Stunt You Pulled Last Night." He Said.

"And I Said Sorry! I Was...Drunk." She Said.

"Man You Was Sober As Hell!" He Said. She Glanced At Me And Back At Him. She Was Pretty, But She Looked So Young!

"Mrs. Smith, I Am So Sorry! I Don't Know If Marvin Told You But..." She Rambled, But I Cut Her Off.

"He Did And You Should Leave." I Said. She Nodded.

"I'm So Sorry Once Again." She Said. She Turned And Began Walking Off.

"Aye! Take These Gifts Back. I Won't Accept Them." Marvin Said. She Sighed.

"Get The Box!" She Snapped To One Of Her Guards. He Ran To The Porch To Grab The Box And Hurried Back To The Car.

"Let's Get Back Inside." Marvin Said. I Nodded And And Walked In The House, But As I Was Closing The Door I Saw Something That Literally Made My Heart Come Out My Ass!