45. Only once - Angel

"Yes. We have to fly, my alpha and master, before the world ends."

Angel never cared about power. Never. Yet power always gravitated around him in one way or another, mostly lately when he experienced how three of the five existing alpha powers felt. Unsurprisingly he didn't like any. It didn't gave him any thrill being able to kill people easier. When he drained Rodrigo of water or when he leaped in the air for the first time he understood it to some extent but never really liked it.

Happiness in life looked different to him. It looked like running, eating good food, dancing, watching movies he liked and really good sex... with Michael.

The violet moon looked and felt menacing. Despite everything, despite his sadness, he didn't want the world to end quite now.

He didn't feel like having the ability to fly himself and Kiril over the Atlantic. And when it came to wielding power, Kiril was undoubtedly much better at it and had a lot more experience.

He watched him inhale sharply and clenching his fits when the power seeped into him. Angel smirked. Out of all people it likely never occured to him that he would be the one to make him Lycan King.

Then again he didn't even know I existed a few months ago.

Angel wondered briefly if he made the right choice after all. He could have given his powers to Samira in some way. But likely they would have engaged in some huge fight with many collateral victims. Samira would hate him for this. He knew it. But then again he might have just dropped the two of them into the Atlantic while the world was ending in violet moonlight.

Angel didn't even notice that Kiril was in front of him untill his arms coiled around his waist. He didn't have time to ask what he was doing until they were in the air and it became obvious.

His ears were buzzing; they were traveling much faster than the speed of sound and Kiril's body was pressed tightly against his.

There was a lot of concern and violet light but there was also the fact that Kiril was technically hugging him really tight. It felt kind of really good.

So close. If he dipped his head he could run his lips along his neck. He could do that. If the world was ending, did it matter?

They were flying for quite some time and he didn't say a word. Angel felt on his breathing, his heartbeat and the stiffness of his muscles how tense and concerned he was.

"She didn't die. Relax."

Kiril finally looked down at him and smirked a bit. It was an empty gesture.

"If she were dead the whole word would know it. I know, I just can't help it. Damn mate bond."

It made sense for his character to be irritated by feelings forced upon him.

"What would you do if she weren't your mate? Would you kill her for power? Would you desire her for power? Would you prefer it to be different than it is?"

"No. Would you have preferred Michael to not have existed?"

"It's not the same."

"It's exactly the same. It's something that is altering your nature but it is still part of who you are after all. It's a different you than some time ago but still you. Besides..." Kiril smiled the most ambiguous smile Angel ever saw. "As strange as it is... I wouldn't change a thing."

"You are... Jesus!" Angel felt suddenly very weak and dizzy. "I think I have motion sickness."

"Jesus? I haven't been called that so far."