53. God killer- Kiril

"He is not wrong."

"What do you mean he is not wrong? Tywin is a villain. Total villain. You see how bad he treats Tyrion."

"Yeah, that's admittedly stupid. Tyrion is the most capable of his children. All his children are rather capable but not used to their full potential."

"Gosh, you sound like the villain that you are," said Mila and turned her head to kiss him on the cheek despite her tone.

"It can be useful. I can be very useful. An utmost useful monster."

"You are not a monster. And you are not evil, just a bit... Misguided. And truth be told there is no wonder that your moral compass is a bit askew after how you grew up." Sudden sadness stretched all over her.

"Mila?" He said raising an eyebrow. "What are you thinking of?"

"Why?"

"Because your mood shifted visibly. I don't need mind reading for this."

"Nothing, just hormones, death thoughts... You know, the usual."

He didn't say anything just tightened the hug around her.

"Or actually... I would have wanted to tell you that I would love you so much to make it all right, all you had to survive so far, all the times you felt you didn't matter. But how? For how long? Can I actually? I know you wouldn't appreciate a fake promise."

"It is not fake." And his smile appeared so bright and for a tiny moment he felt a spark of god-likeness in himself. Feeling loved was... Something.

"If it's a girl, I want her name to be Aurora," she whispers into the hug after some time.

"Why are you telling me this? I am awful with kids, you must know." He tries to smile but it fades.

"I don't think you are. I am telling you because it occurred to me and people need to know if..."

"And if it's a boy," he interrupted.

"Uf... I don't know yet."

"You have time to think," he said and kissed a spot behind her ear.

No, she didn't. She was pretty sure she didn't. He could hear Selene whisper it taunting once in a while when she escaped his grasp and peeked out.

It was meanwhile the eleventh pregnancy month. She even almost looked the part, though a bit smaller than expected. But it wasn't quite sure how long a pregnancy with a hybrid child would last. Thirteen months according to math? More? Less?

Meanwhile, the child was pretty much alive and kicking but it didn't show any power outburst anymore. Maybe because it felt safe for a change.

"I can't believe I gave Dasha a wolf mate and Angel a human one. This is so messed up."

"So you didn't actually pick them it sounds. It means you thought about what you wanted for them and magic did it for you."

"I suppose... For Dasha I wanted someone strong to love her and not have eyes for anyone else and for Angel someone kind."

Mila looked contemplatively out the window. She was so remarkably full of love in a world that had been mostly unkind to her.

"And for you... For you, I think, it was the only time I actually thought of a person."

"I of all these people don't need this."

"I think you do. Imagine how beautiful it is when you are with someone that you don't have to hold back with. You in yourself are surprisingly not complicated but everything that life throws at you is hard... And..."