[V] {Ledecestrescire Arc} Search for King Burgred

[Ledecestrescire, Mercia, England]{(Y/N) "Lightning-Walker" Thorbjorn POV}

{(Y/N) "Lightning-Walker" Thorbjorn POV}

Eivor and I rode from Tamworth Fortress to regroup with Sigurd, who no doubt was with both Ubba and Ivarr near Tonna's camp. However, along the way, my thoughts drifted from the scenery to thinking about both Raven and... and Ruby. I was lost in thought which didn't go unnoticed by Eivor.

Eivor: Husband, is something wrong? It looks like your mind is adrift.

(Y/N): [sighs] I guess you could say I've been thinking...

Eivor: About what?

(Y/N): About Raven, ever since we had our raid on Kjotve's fortress back in Norway, I've begun to miss her since she left back to Anima. Then again, an alliance with the Branwen Tribe would not only prove beneficial, but I could see Raven more... and...

Eivor: And?

I briefly stopped K'waiil for a moment which made Eivor stop her horse.

(Y/N): And... about Ruby...

Eivor: (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Even though Raven's told me what's been happening back in Vale, but... I can't help but wonder what Ruby's doing right now... a part of me even wonders if I'm yet ready to face Ruby or not. It's only a matter of time until those draugr(ghoul) go searching for me, and eventually lead them here.

Eivor comes to my side and looks at me.

Eivor: You know what I think? I believe you should prepare yourself in case they arrive. I don't much like the thought of them coming, but it's inevitable. As you said before, you wish to face Ruby in a holmgang(duel), even though you've forgiven her already.

(Y/N): [confused] Huh? What do you mean?

Eivor: I know you, husband, and you've already forgiven Ruby. You want her to prove it for herself, and a bit of yourself.