[VIII] {Grantebridgescire Arc} Retaking Grantebridge/Snake in the Grass

[Middeltun Ruins Camp, Grantebridgescire, Mercia]{(Y/N) "Lightning-Walker" Thorbjorn POV}

{(Y/N) "Lightning-Walker" Thorbjorn POV}

After spending the night within the camp with the Summer Army, Eivor and I woke up, all armored and armed, while walking out from one of the still standing houses followed by Raven and Vernal, who came from their little makeshift tent nearby.

Eivor: Raven, Vernal, morning.

Raven: Same to you, Eivor. [looks to me] Sleep well?

(Y/N): I always do, whenever I sleep with my wife.

Raven: [smirks] Oh? Have a special night~

That question made Eivor and I look at Raven, who was smirking, but Vernal was blushing a deep red.

(Y/N): No, Raven, Eiv and I don't do "night activities" before a battle. [looks about] Seems like more of Soma's forces came.

Eivor: Yes, more followed the lit beacon back home.

Raven: What is the plan?

(Y/N): For now, we'll speak with Soma's Inner Circle before Soma. The way this goes, is all up to Soma.

Raven: [nods] Vernal and I will wait nearby.

With that, both Raven and Vernal walk away leaving Eivor and I to speak with Soma's Inner Circle, the first being Lif, who was nearby.

(Y/N): Morning Lif, Soma says you're the man who built her longships. Pretty well built, I will admit.

Lif: I appreciate the compliment, Lightning-Walker. Each has a sharp keel, a stout mast, and a poem etched into the hull to sing the praises of the drengr(courageous warrior) who commands her. A longship is heavy with fate. Just a few lengths of wood between you and a watery grave. What better place to put a line of poetry, hm?