T- is for Terrible and G- is for Girl

I walk through the hallways fast. It is early and 1st period will start in 10 minutes. Kids smile and greet me as I walk through the hallways. This is something you get used to as you become popular. For now I'm just looking for her. I'm finally here. There she is. Tracy Griggens. Her peach smile with long blonde hair. She wears a white short dress with heels. Like always she is surrounded by her sidekicks probably all gossiping and judging everyone that walks by them. That's just the way they are. Always full of venom and poison in there mouth. I walk to her unsure of what to say. Usually the girl falls to their knees when they see me and it doesn't cost me a thing to make them drool on me. But, I know this time is different. Tracy Griggens is just as popular and well known as I am. Somebody at my level. For the first time I hesitate on talking to a girl. I mean I don't like her. She is fine and everything but inside she is just trash. I can't stand looking at her. I'll do it this time for Mia. I mean I need to know why Mia reacted that way yesterday. Seeing her cry was horrible. I've never seen a girl cry and at the moment I saw Mia crying the idea that it was not fair for tears to fall down her cheeks overwhelmed me. I just knew I had to do something about it. I don't know why but I know I have to.

"Tracy, we need to talk " I say trying to maintain my cool as she stares at me straight in the eyes. She shoos her sidekicks away and they leave at her orders. I am now taking a dangerous step.

"Chris what a surprise, I knew you'll come to me sooner or later" She says a smirk curving her lips. I can't stand looking at her. I look away and she grabs my neck and kisses me in the cheek . Temptation surrounds me. She kisses so good and well It's hard to resist kissing back. But I maintain strong and I pull her away.

"I'm just here to warn you not to mess with Mia again " I say staring at her smiling face. She seems a bit startled at the name.

"What's that fly got on me babe?" She comes closer and kisses me all over my face and lips. I can't resist longer. I kiss her back. At that moment I know its over. I'm stuck in her web. Her poison is eating me alive. It feels so good. We slam in the lockers but we don't stop kissing.

"I knew you were a jerk" I hear a voice say sharply at me. I pull Tracy away and notice Mia standing in front of me. She looks sharply at Tracy and me. " I just wanted my phone back but I guess I'll get it back some other time " " Sorry for interrupting " She says as she gets lost in the hallways.

"Babe we can go to my house" Tracy says as she kisses my neck again. I pull her away .

" No I better go" I say leaving her smiling.

What have I just done? I hated this girl. Tracy Griggens and just a minute ago I was kissing her passionately. I'm such a nasty person. Maybe Tracy and I are not so different from the inside either. Maybe I am a jerk just like Mia says. Maybe I'm not man enough to protect a girl who's crying. I never meant to feel so low. What is going on with me. I used to love my life and somehow Mia comes and ruins it.

I get to class and like always Mrs. Haynes reprehends me for being late. I glance at Mia but she pays no attention at me. She is busy working working from the book. I get to work too. Which is something I have been doing lately. I have sure been acting weird. I notice Jill staring at me a bit confused.After a few minutes Jill comes and sits beside me.

"What's wrong bro? Nothing terrible planned out yet?" Jill says trying to investigate me.

"I'm not in the mood Jill" I say laying my head down.

"I heard Tracy and you were making out by the lockers. She is a fine girl you know. " He smirks at the thought. "You sure know how to handle them"

"Tracy is just crap" I say lifting my head.

"Bro you know she is fine as he'll" He says dreamily.

"All I know is that she is not worth anything"

Jill shakes his head and gets back to his seat. How can he be so blind to look at Tracy like that. Well I guess I'm no different than him for making out with her. Who is to blame. We spend the rest of the class listening to Mrs. Haynes talk about aids. Well at least I spend the whole class drawing profanities on the desk dying of boredom.

After an hour and 15 minutes of class the bell rings.Time for class to be over.As I get up my seat my eye catches glance on Mia packing her books. I don't know what I am doing so don't ask but I go up to her and tap her on the shoulder.

"Look Mia I'm not what you think I am - " I start speaking. I pause for a moment unsure of what's coming next. Her eyes don't dare to meet mine and I feel as if I were talking to the walls. "I am not a jerk you know" I await for an answer or a clue to what she is thinking.

"Look I don't care if you're a jerk or not, just leave me alone" She looks at me. Her eyes wet from crying. "Not everybody has a good life like you do so just get away from me"

That's it. I can't let her talk about me without even knowing a clue on my life.

"You don't know me, you think I play with girls and make out with them but that is not the whole story.I have feelings and problems too you know."

"Ohh yea like what? " Mia flashes at me with daring eyes. I hesitate to answer. I take a few seconds to think but nothing comes up. Maybe I don't have problems. "Exactly ,Chris you don't have any" Mia says turning around getting her stuff and heading out. I have to have problems. Why does she confuse me. Suddenly I remember what I went through this morning. I do have a problem. "I do have a problem" I grab Mia by the arm and our eyes meet. "I have a problem with you crying" I say awaiting for another of her punchlines but I don't get one this time. Tears roll down her eyes and I manage to wipe them. "See your doing it again" I say smiling at her. This time she smiles back. Her smile turns into a laugh and tears no longer run through her cheeks.

"Friends?" I ask trying to make sure im cool with her.

"Yes" she says as we shake hands on it.

This is the start of a great friendship. At least i think.