Friends or Foes

"I'm coming" I say as I run down the stairs putting my shirt on. It is Friday night and mom is leaving for a special work dinner due to her promotion. I open the door and as I expected Mia stands their smiling at me. The truth is we have been getting along lately which is something I'm getting to enjoy.

"Is she ready?" She asks as she walks in.

"No she's upstairs still"

We walk to the living room as Mia heads over to Jack which he greets with a hug. They really get along. I can't imagine myself getting hugged by Jack ever. Suddenly, mom walks down the stairs. Her eyes startled as she watches her watch. She is wearing a red dress and her hair is curled in nice bundles. She wears medium black heels and her leather purse. She rushes down the stairs and walks towards Mia and me. "Oh it's so late I better go, food is on the fridge, Jack's bedtime is at 10, you guys watch movies and take care" She grabs my face and kisses me in the cheek. I remove her hand feeling ashamed of the situation. "Mia thank you so much for babysitting this two"

"Its always a pleasure" Mia states grinning at my mom. My mom glances at her watch again and starts heading to the door.

She offers us a smile and we return it. Mom rushes out the door and leaves in her car. Great ,now what are we to do?

"What first? " I ask awaiting a reply.

"Don't know?" Mia says.

"Want to go somewhere?"I suggest.

"Where?" Mia asks as she sits on the couch.

"You'll see" I say knowing she is suspecting something going on.

"Okay but Jack needs to be in bed now"

Mia walks up the stairs holding Jack's hand and heading him to bed. He wipes his eyes expressing his sleepiness. They disappear as they go up the stairs.

I lay on the couch with my hand on my forehead. I am really tired. Not fair that Jack gets to sleep while i got to deal with bossy Mia.

Mia walks down the stairs and sits in the opposite side of the couch. She pulls her phone out and starts typing. This phone addiction of hers is driving me crazy.
"Ready to go or do i have to snatch that phone away?" I ask playfully as i smirk while our eyes meet. I get up from the couch and stretch as i grab the keys to my mustang.
Mia stands as well as we walk out the door and into the car. I actually like this car. It was a birthday present when i was 16 from my dad. It is dark black and with brand new wheels i bought a couple of weeks ago.

I start driving and we fall into an akward silence. So I turn the radio on and suddenly uptown funk starts playing. What an akward moment. Just the song i wanted to hear. Fake. I can see Mia giggling in the passenger seat and i offer her a grin.

"Really?" She asks heading towards a laugh attack.

"What girl? This is my jam don't be hating now. " I say turning the volume up.

Mia pov

He is killing me. This music is stupid as f ***. He should know by now that i get laugh attacks often and he is over here provoking me.
I feel the car stop and i stare out the window. We're parked in front of the movie theater. Not what i expected at all.
"We're here" Chris says opening the door to let me out of the car. Well, well mr. Bad boy turning into a gentlemen. Who would of guessed it?
We walk in and he gets our tickets as I head to the restroom to fix my hair. My hair is not tgat bad as i expected but it still needs some arrangements. I walk out of the restroom and find Chris at the food counter. I walk over to him.

"What movie are we going to watch?"
I ask .

"We are watching incidious 3 ohh here i figured popcorn got old so i bought you ice cream instead and well i decided on the popcorn for myself" he hands me the ice cream and a drink.