Dangerous Zone: Looking for the Truth

I was determined to go up to Mia and end it right then and there. I was going to forget about her and let her know that I was tired of what was going on. Call me a chicken for running away ,but hey " It was worth it at this point.

"Mia, open up" I knock loudly in Mia's door.

"Go away, Chris" Mia yells.

"I ain't going anywhere until you open the F****** door" I yell kicking the door.

"What's wrong with you?" Mia cries as she swings open he door.

I enter the room and get in her face. "No, Mia what is wrong with you?" I yell aggressively.

"What are you talking about" Mia cries." Chris what's going on?"

"Nothing, let's pretend that everything is perfect when you just suddenly go crazy, and you make me go crazy as well, and.... and Grant Plume and what happened, Mia it's just too much" My voice lowers "Way too much".

"Chris I love you," Mia grabs my cheek. "That's what matters right"

No. It wasn't what mattered. I was tired of all this crap. I wanted my old life. Where I hadn't met Mia and where I was the bad guy that ran the show. The one with the perfect and fun life. I missed that guy. And it was not too late to go back. I wasn't going to mess up.

"No, Mia" I whisper, holding her hand away." It's not what matters, Mia, I can't take it anymore, I'm gone" I head off towards the door.

"Chris , you're leaving me" Mia shouts and cries.

"Yes, Mia sorry but it's over"

I walk off. I can hear her cries and they haunt me all the way back home. No More going back Chris. It's done. I'm done.

"Chris where were you?" Mom asks worriedly almost angrily.

"Nowhere mom" I yell back. I start to go up the stairs when I hear her call my name over again.

I get to my room and I shut the door with a loud thud. I'm going to move on and no one is going to stop me. Not Mia. Not my mom. And definitely not myself. I feel my phone vibrate in my jeans. I tuck the IPhone 6s out of my pocket and see a call from Plume. I hesitate to answer but I make up my mind to answer.

"Hey" I say unable to hide my tone.

"Angry again bro" He asks.

"Doesn't matter" I reply.

"It does bro, where's that guy that was fun and trouble?"

"He's long gone" I say wondering myself what was the truth in that answer.

" Bro, I sure miss him" He says with a chuckle. "You know I used to admire you and I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one."

"What do you want Plume?" I sense trouble in Grant's voice so I change the subject to something serious.

"Nothing I just wanted to invite you to some fun" He says sneakily.

"What type of fun?" I ask with sarcasm.

"Well there's a house up north. This old man lives there and he's pretty old and weak. Damn that house is fancy. An old man doesn't need all those things."

"Go to the point" I cut him.

"Well some friends and I were going to go up there and take some stuff today at night, Of course we need a mastermind like you. So, I knew you were going through tough times but bro, you need a break. So I just wanted to give you the offer" He says.

The offer is tempting. Yet, it smells like trouble. And trouble to me sounds like fun. A fun that I hadn't had in a while. Nothing wrong with having fun. Anyways, it's a good way to get my bad reputation back.

"Bro, I'm in" I say.

"See you at midnight up in Hollow Oak drive up north" He says happily.

"OK" I hang up the phone and my eyes close in a deep sleep. I'm gone at the instant.

.........................................................................

Mia

He did it. Chris broke up with me. I thought he was different. I really did. I don't know why I thought that. He had a bad reputation, that is truth. Yet, I didn't care. I fell in love with the bad boy, and I forgot about the world. I gave him my all. I loved him. For a moment, the stupid me thought he loved me too. What was I thinking? He wasn't going to stick with me. That's what bad boys like him do. They run away when problems come through. What's the point of being tough when you run away. I may never know. I got raped. Grant Plume did it. I still remember that horrible day. He captured me and punched me in the stomach. He tied my hands and feet. He placed tape in my mouth. He threw me there like trash. He didn't care. I felt hurt. I felt like my life had gone away. The truth is I really do feel like trash. I want to die. I really do. Nobody understands me. Chris thinks I'm crazy. Yet, he knows nothing. I can never be truly recovered. Is that so hard to understand. Well, for Chris it is.

.......................................................................................

Chris

"You came" Grant Plume stands close to the entrance of the gate from the house.

"You thought I wouldn't" I sharp back.

He shakes his head grinning that awful perfect curve. Beside him stand three of his best friends. Bobby wears his leather jacket and shakes my hand. Tyler stands and gives me a handshake and Jesse nods his head at me.

"What's the plan Plume?" I ask.

"Well there's a back window on the back of the house. It's always open so we can get in through there. Yet, the window is on the second floor so we brought a ladder. Bobby and Tyler will distract the old man while we get in." Grant explains.

"What about the rest of us?" I ask.

"Chris you're coming with me" he says.

I can do this. I've stolen before but I never felt this guilty. This gut feeling told me things wouldn't go well.