Dangerous Zone 1

I feel the winter wind blow on my face as I start knocking on the door. I am not sure what I'm doing as usual lately. I found myself lying to me with doubt sometimes even. Anyways, Mia finally opens the door. She wears a messy bun and a black jacket with grey shorts. Her face has no expression. No smile. No glitter in her eyes. Just a deep feeling of sadness. Well, I should really be a poet.

"Hey" i say ungracefully.

She fakes a smile and signals me to come in. I sit in the couch with her at my side.

"How are you?" I ask quietly.

"How do you think?" She responds angrily. Her face straight.

"I dont know, I would guess mad by your tone" I say defensively. "Chill out"

"Chris Im going to a scicologist Monday and you want me to chill out" Mia says seriously.

"I think that's good maybe it'll help you out"

"Chis I am not crazy. I don't need a scicologist. It's just my stupid mom making me go" Mia says bluntly.

"Mia I know you're not crazy but maybe you do need the scicologist to help you through your feelings" I say calmly.

"No Chris I am not crazy and stop judging me you don't know what it is to be raped. You don't know anything. My life is ruined and everything is terrible but listen to me, I am not crazy"

Mia starts crying and sits criss cross in the couch and lays her head on her shoulders. I hug her tight. She feels warm in my arms and I whisper leaning close to her.

"Mia i know you're not crazy. How can the world's most beautiful girl be crazy? " She lifts her head up slightly and manages a smile.

"Chris if you love me, marry me" Mia says with a smile.

What? Did she just ask this. The things I have to go through to be good with someone.

"Mia hold on we are to young to marry" I say jumping at the question. We are only 17 and she's already catching me with that question.

"Marry me Chris, if you really really love me" Mia yells kneeling down on the floor. Low key, I think she is some what crazy now.

"Mia I need you to calm down, look I am not going to marry you at this age" I grab her shoulders. She pushes my hands away and stands up from her knees.

"No, Chris, you hypocrite, you liar, you don't care about me" Mia yells heading upstairs to her room.

"Mia come back, Mia " I yell after her. It's too late. No answer comes from upstairs. What just happened?

I am so confused. Just yesterday she was okay and suddenly she's gone crackers. I love her much but, I really don't know what to do right now. She is so complicated and she makes my head spin wild. The worst part is she is messing me up , me, the one cool dude you know, the popular kid, everyone wants to be like me remember. I have no need to suffer like this. Yet, Mia needs me. Yes, call it love or whatever, but I just need to be with her to actually feel okay even if I have to go through these problems.

"I don't know what to do with Mia" I hear a voice behind me. I turn around and find Mia's mom, Lisa, leaning on the wall next to the door.

"Hello ma'am" I stand up politely and salute her.

"Hello Chris" She answers. "Sit down" She gestures me as she sits down in an opposite couch.

"You heard what happened?" I ask curiously.

"I heard it all Chris" She answers. " Chris, my daughter is not on her sane right now."

"What do you mean ma'am" I ask confused. She definitely has the answers to my doubts.