SINGING THE BLUES

She avoids me at school. She refused to babysit us last Saturday by making excuses. She won't dare look at me in class. The problem is I am doing the opposite of what she is doing to me. I search to see her in the school hallways. I can't keep my eyes off of her in class. The worst is two weeks have passed since the movie incident and I am full of questions in need of answers. Those answers that only Mia has. As i sit here in my bed on a Monday morning, i think of all of that has happened. I have never felt soooo..... What's the word? I have never felt sooo.... I can't think of the stupid word. Well anyways, my bad boy reputation has gone down as well. Lately, the principal smiles at me as if not worried about what i do. My friends have turned into my enemies. I lost 3 friends so far. I haven't gotten a girls phone number in 2 weeks and they usually beg for me to call them. The teacher calls on me in class and well lately I've been knowing the answers which leads to another change, which is me actually doing my work. Yes, i am certainly feeling melancholic.

"Chris get down here now" mom yells from downstairs. She's been in a pretty bad mood lately due to Mia not coming to babysit us. She obviously blames it all on me. I don't blame her really. I mean does everyone hate me all of a sudden. I mean am i the bad guy suddenly. Well, yea now that i think about it, I have always been the bad guy. What is so different about things? I don't know but i need to find out, because i don't want to go around feeling sad. I ain't no depressed hippie.

I get off bed sliding my black t-shirt and my cargos. I don't dare to ask myself why I am even wearing black in a sunny day. What a great way to draw attention to myself. Not that I get any.

"Breakfast is ready and you better hurry up your going to be late for school" mom reprehends me. Can a guy just eat his breakfast in peace?

I get up from the table and start stretching. I really don't feel like doing anything.

"Hurry up you slow worm" mom pushes me out the house door handing me the keys to my mustang. I drive pretty slow all the way to school.

Once i arrive to school, i head straight to my locker. A girl bumps into me and looks up and says in a serious face " what a piece of trash you are". I open my face in astonishment. What did i ever do to her? I don't even know her. I scream back at her as she heads into the crowded hallway " Tell your mom to stop digging in my trashcan at night ". I can hear the girl whispering profanities under her breath. People around me shake their heads at me. I don't know what i did to them. I catch Jill in the crowded hallway at run to him.

"Whats up man ?" I handshake him. He looks at me with a straight face. "Bro don't tell me your mad at me too"

"Who wouldn't be? " he looks at the ground. He is serious.

"Can you please tell me what i did to deserve insults from strangers, disappointment looks from lunatics, and straight faces from my bros? " his face looks serious as though he was thinking. He raised an eyebrow and got closer.

"Mia and Tiffany had a fight yesterday, they were arguing and then it turned into serious punching. Mia got a purple eye and Tiffany got scars in her face and body and a broken nose. They got suspended and well they were arguing about you. It wasn't clear about what but we could hear it was about you.Rumors started passing and it turns out everyone blames you for the fight"

"Wait but why? I did nothing to those girls"

"I don't know man, ima go to class see ya"

Jill walks away leaving me locked on my thoughts. 

Why is all this happening to me? Why would Mia and Tiffany fight over me? Well, which girl wouldn't  but not them two. I think they have some kind of issue with each other or something.  

...........................................

All day everyone has stared at me with hatred looks. I wasn't invited to play football during lunch which was kind of messed up because everyone knows I am the star player. The girl's all acted as if i were invisible today too. I stuck to Jill all day basically. It was a horrible day today.  I get home quietly while a million questions cross my head. 

I finally get home and notice all the lights are off. Nobody's here.Where is everyone ? I look at the only place that might give me an answer. The Refrigerator. As I imagined, there was a note in the fridge:

I HAD A FAMILY EMERGENCY! I TOOK JACK. FOOD ON THE FRIDGE. MIGHT BE BACK SOON. CALL YOU LATER.   BYE CHRIS,

                                                                                                 MOM    

Family emergency? What is that about? Whatever. I get to my room upstairs and get myself under the covers. I just need some rest. I close my eyes when suddenly the phone ringing opens them again. I head downstairs and grab the phone.

"Hello" I answer in a lazy voice.

"Chris, hey it's Lisa, Mia's mom"

"Yes" I answer a bit more concerned due to the fact that it is Mia's mom"

"Is your mom home?" she says in a worriedly voice.

"No ma'm" 

"Have you seen Mia today? At all." 

"No" I answer surprised.

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes, is something going on?" I ask.

"Well, we can't seem to find Mia, she was in her room but we went in and she wasn't there anymore, the window was open so i guess she escaped. We thought she might be with you guys" Lisa's voice seems as if she were about to start crying.

"I haven't seen her but I'll go through the nearby streets or parks to see if i find her"

"Thank you dear"  I hang the phone.

Wow. Great this day couldn't get worse. I grab my keys and get to my car. I drive and drive through the streets but there are no signs of Mia. I then remembered she was suspended for fighting with Tiffany so maybe Tiffany might know where she is. I drive over to Tiffany's house feeling strange about heading to her house. She disgusts me but I am not doing this for her. This is for Mia.