Chapter XLVIII. Brainiac

*Originally this chapter was going to be more sexualized, but again one chapter spread into two. A lot to wrap up here, but I will have the steamy next chapter out tomorrow!*

Eleven Months Later

"Damn Alma," I laughed, faking embarrassment as I dropped the boardgame card on the carpet. "If you keep getting these animal questions, I don't stand a chance. You little bona fide veterinarian." We were amid another stimulating game of Trivia. Alma smiled complacently up at me from the thimble on which she sat, swinging her feet. "Who'd have thought all dogs have forty-two permanent teeth... besides you?"

         "I was around enough dogs at the pet stores I lived in to count," said Alma. She flipped over the next card, looking like she was holding up a banner in the audience at a sporting event. Maintaining modesty, and assessing the questions, she responded. "I was impressed you knew AB-negative was the least common blood-type, Vic. I would've been way off."

         "Vic has me to thank for teaching him such medical trivia," said Rey, strolling into the guestroom, and winking. She carried a grape-sized laundry bag betwixt her thumb and index finger. The detergent smell filled the room though. "Don't let me interrupt the game. Here's the rest of your clean clothes for you to pack Alma." She dropped it on the dresser, beside the dollhouse and Alma thanked her.

         On my next turn, Alma got another animal question. Whether luck of the draw, or because I was easing back on her, I really can't say. "This one may even challenge you Brainiac," I stated, with a comically enhanced poker-face. "How many times per second can a hummingbird flap it's wings?" I mimed a ticking clock to mess with my tiny adversary.

         Alma paced back and forth across one of her discarded cards, like it was treadmill as she racked her brain. "Hummingbird, I know this... Seven... No, eighty times per second!"

         "Right," I sighed. "Beat me again. C'mon, show me a little victory dance!" I rose from laying on my stomach to a kneeling position. "Rub my face in it, you little genius!"

         "Not her style, Vic," said Reagan, giggling and picking up the scattered cards. "Alma's not mouthy like Crissy."

         "True," I sighed, offering my finger to Alma, for a good-game handshake. I couldn't hide the fact that I missed having Crystal's fiery aura around. I checked my watch after Alma gave my fingertip a double-fist-bump. "After 10:30," I informed my giantess and human companions, looking out the window at the crescent moon. "Need a good night's sleep. Long drive tomorrow."

         Alma yawned and stretched, silently acquiescing to my statement. Reagan cupped her hand beside the little lady. "Boost up to your mansion Alma?" she offered. "Just so you don't have to exhaust yourself taking the human stairs on your last night." Rey's voice shuddered in sadness on the last two words.

         Alma happily accepted conveyance and rode the giantess's hand up to the threshold of the dollhouse. Almost all Alma's belongings were packed, apart from her bed and a few tiny toiletries. Three sets of improvised human luggage stood beside the nearly hollowed-out little home. A reused pencil box, an old rectangular jewelry box of Rey's and an empty plastic sewing kit accommodated all her worldly possessions nicely. "See you in the morning, Brainiac," I said, getting as much mileage out of her pet-name as possible. I had to avert my eyes, as every time I saw those little makeshift suitcases my heart swelled with a broadening empty void

         "Goodnight Vic, night Rey," wished Alma, blinking her heavy eyelids before entering the front door. "Love you guys."

         "Be honest Vic," whispered Rey, closing the guestroom door behind us. She smirked at me, knowingly. "All those animal questions, were you letting her win?"