Amora's Scheme

"I am mightily offended that I was not invited to partake of your Asgardian liquor, Odinson," Zarda complained before driving a fist through a massive droid's chest. Then, with a great roar, she tore it in half and used its dissected portions to smash a smaller android as it closed in on her.

Thor smiled and ducked a horizontal swing from another large robot before launching into the air and raising Stormbreaker overhead. A small funnel of wind spun around the enemy, tearing it from the floor and suspending it helplessly as crackling lightning popped out of the ax and obliterated it. "I will invite you next time, you have my word."

Zarda, appeased by Thor's promise, jumped over the wreckage of her fallen foes. She spiraled through the air and threw her invisible shield into the path of several flying robots. It ricocheted off of them, scuffing and tearing them apart in the process.

"So, what do you think?" Hyperion asked from high above. His eyes gleamed yellow, fresh from firing twin beams of energy into the battlefield, slicing through a crowd of minions. "Do we measure up to the Avengers?"

Thor beamed as he spun around in the air, taking in the sight of Whizzer dashing haphazardly through another crowd, his super speed attacks tossing them about while Spectrum crash-landed and released a stream of energy that flashed out in a radial arc, cleaving into his approaching targets. And just beyond that spectacle, Nighthawk could be seen executing a flawless combination of martial arts strikes and tech-enhanced attacks.

"I would face war with the Squadron Supreme any day," Thor confirmed as he reached a hand out to Hyperion.

"Let's hope there isn't a war anytime soon," Hyperion said, a sorrowful glint in his eyes as he shook Thor's hand.

"Are you well?" Thor asked with concern.

Hyperion smiled but it wasn't convincing. Realizing he wasn't fooling anyone, he let his broad shoulders drop slightly. "It's Taylor," he sighed.

"Ah," Thor said. "Dean has been worried about him as well."

"I'm grateful for Dean," Hyperion said. "And for Kyle. They've been so good for Taylor. And he's very appreciative of them. He's just...he's struggling. And I feel helpless."

Thor nodded in understanding and put a hand on Hyperion's shoulder, steering him out of the training room and into the adjacent corridor. "Dean endured a trauma not long before you and your team arrived in this universe. It was...devastating for both of us. And it took time for him to begin to heal. He is still healing in many ways. But he has made progress."

"How are you helping him?" Hyperion asked.

Thor reflected on the recent tension between himself and Dean. "By listening to him. And by understanding that, though I wish I could, there are some problems my husband must face that I cannot punch my way through."

Hyperion chuckled. "You and I have a lot in common with one another."

"Give Taylor time and support," Thor said. "And know that he is among friends."

"So, you're a teacher?" Taylor asked as he walked alongside Kyle through the parking lot. Having made plans the day prior, Kyle, Taylor and Dean were meeting up at the mall to do some shopping.

"Yeah, of United States history," Kyle clarified.

"And you teach students with powers?"

Kyle happily informed Taylor on the presence of mutants, how they develop their powers, and the school he and his team maintained to keep them safe and educate them.

"That's incredible," Taylor said with wonder in his voice. "I wish there had been something like that for me. Maybe things wouldn't have been so hard."

"It's still difficult," Kyle said. "But at least they have support. They don't have to grow up and come into their powers being as afraid of them."