Chapter 13

"Who would want to be with you?"

"Eww who gave you permission to post on here?"

"fugly slut"

More and more the comments came. Worse and worse and I lock my phone trying to not let it bug me. This shit always happens to me. I try to post one little photo and people are like haha ya fuck you! I lay on my back on the floor and put my arms over my eyes. I'm so stressed right now its not even funny. I don't understand why these things happen to me. Hell I don't even know what I did!

"Clara?" I hear someone say my name.

I remove my arms and see Nash. I quickly push the book under the couch and sit up, "What- What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Our project." he says simply and sits on the couch.

"Oh ya. I finished it don't worry."I tell him, leaning on my elbows.

"Good. So Matt feels bad about almost kill-" Nash starts to say.

"No he doesn't shut up." I reply.

"This is why people don't like you." he responds.

What did I ever see in him.

Next thing I know I hear his text ringtone go off... Its that dude going, "DEEZ NUTS!"

"Ahh shit. I forgot about my french numbers quiz tomorrow." he says.

"I can teach you something." I smirk.

"What would that be?" he asks.

"dix-sept dix-huit dix-nuts" I say giggling a little after.

"Wow." he says smiling.

WOAH NASH GRIER IS SMILING! Something I haven't seen in a while.

"Nash?" I ask.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"Why do you do it?" I ask.

"Do what?" He responds.

I move up to the couch and sit next to him, "you know what."

He sighs and runs his hand through his hair, "I-I don't... It's complicated Clara." he responds.

"It always is." I say standing up, "Goodbye Nash." I tell him crossing my arms.

"What?" He asks.

"Bye as in get out." I snap pointing to the door.

"Great what did I do now?" He ask.

"Nash.... I have a lot of shit going on right now and you and your friends make it a lot worse. The least you could have done is tell me why." I tell him, looking at my feet.

He walks over to me and tilts my head up so hes looking in my eyes, "things between us tomorrow are probably going to be the same tomorrow but I have to do one thing before that happens." Nash says.

"W-what would that b-be?" I stutter, all confidence I had flowing away.

He leans in and kisses me softly,I fight the urge to kiss back but finally give in. What are you doing Clara? He is the one who has made your life living hell for the past couple years. But he did give me one of the best summers of my life. But it was all a lie. My legs gets weak and I wrap my arms around his neck as his arms around my waist. We quickly break apart and I remove my arms and break away from his grasp. "I-I" I start to say then run upstairs to find Matt on the couch with Charlie. That's why he did that he was told too. I'm not going to lie... That hurts I honestly thought he kinda cared... I bite the inside of my lip holding in the tears.

"Whats with you?" Matt asks harshly.

I don't say anything and just rush out of my house.

I hate them.. I hate them all. I find myself running and running in the dark with the rain falling and leaves crunching under my feet, tears falling like waterfalls out of my eyes. I find myself at April's house. I run up to the front door and bang.

The door opens revealing a very tired women. April's mom. I'm hyperventilating and tears are still falling and she looks at me, "Clara? Sweetie are you alright?" she asks concerned.

I close my eyes and shake my head no.

"Common on in sweetie." she says and puts her arms around me brings me to the bathroom / laundry room, "here are some of April's clothes. You can clean up in here, I'll go tell April and you can stay the night." she smiles sweetly.

"T-Thank you s-so much Momma Mendes." I say.

"Always Clara." she smiles and leaves shutting the door.

I've always called Shawn and April's mom Momma Mendes because she is like a second mom to me. I walk over to the mirror and look at myself, take a deep breath, and start to cry again. I take off my clothes and put on April's plaid pajama shorts and a sweatshirt of my bra. I don't feel like putting on a tank right now to be honest.

I grab a towel and try my best to dry my hair and then walk out to find April standing outside and she wraps her arms around me, "You're staying here until they get back. You are not going back. Were getting your things tomorrow and your staying here." she says holding onto my tightly.

I wrap my arms around her and cry, "Thank you." I manage to get out.

We break our hug and she smiles, "My room isn't fully unpacked and is a mess you wouldn't mind staying Shawn's would you?" she asks.

"I don't mind." I say finally getting myself to stop sobbing.

She brings me to his room and knocks on the door, "Shawn?" she says.

"Come in!" he yells and we open the door revealing Shawn in sweats and no shirt. Damn he got fit!

"Okay so Clara got into some drama and shes staying here for a while but my room is a mess so can she sleep in here tonight?" April says.

Shawn looks at me obviously noticing my puffy eyes, "Of course." hey says concerned.

"Thanks Shawn." I smile and then hug April.

"Behave." she smirks then closes the door.

I roll my eyes and shake my head, I walk over to Shawn's bed and lay next to him. Shawn and I are use to this. Hell even before we dated! I cuddle up in his arms and look at his tv which is currently playing North Woods Law. Shawn wraps his arms around me and I lay my head on his chest.

"Goodnight Shawn." I yawn.

"Goodnight my teary eyed girl." he says and kisses my forehead.

I feel safe. For the first time since Nash started treating me horrible again. Shawn is the first good thing to come out of this school year. Well other than April.