Chapter 8

I slowly open my eyes to a police officer shaking me awake, "miss?" he says calmly.

I open my eyes slowly and look at him, "who? Who are you? What are you doing in my bedroom?" I ask curiously.

"So you do live here? You're not some random teenager?" He asks.

"Yes. My name is Clara Childs." I tell him pulling my covers off of me.

"Alright. We just wanted to make sure. You were aware of the party that was going on here? We got many complaints." He says sternly.

"Trust me. Which is why I had my door locked and my music playing. My brother Charlie set this up while our parents aren't home." I tell him.

"Ah yes... We have Charlie down in the cop car for underage drinking and telling the police some... not pleasant words.. do you mind if we test you for alcohol?"

"I guess not." I sigh and stand up. He brings me out to the cop car where parents are grabbing their kids and yelling. Me of course I'm in my pajamas with bedhead and a sweatshirt on having Shawn and April sprint towards me.

"Dude! Your brother is in deep shit! Your parents are on there way home!" April says.

"Well thats what that ass wipe gets." I grumble as the cop clears me and walks away.

"So what happened?" April asks.

"I locked myself in my room while the idiots were partying.. I want nothing to do with Charlie." I tell them crossing my arms.

April comes over and hugs me then we see a car pull into the driveway.

"Clara Childs!!" My mom yells getting out of the car, "What is going on here! I do not appreciate a call this-"

"MOM! It wasn't me! It was your freaking son! He's in the cop car right now!" I say and storm back into the house.

Why would my mom suspect I did this? I'm the good child! I'm the one with no friends!! I stomp up to my room and slam my door. I turn around to find Nash in my room. "What are you doing here?" I ask emphasizing on the you.

"Okay you have every right to be mad about what Charlie did over the summer." he says.

"You're blaming this all on Charlie!? Nash you were apart of it!! And to think... I thought you were different..." I tell him walking over to my bed and plopping down.

"Why are you scared of Matt?" he says turning around and looking into my eyes.

"Are you really that stupid!? Have you seen how you've treated me!!! The past two years have been a living hell!!!! He's scares the crap out of me because I know the things he's capable of!" I yell.

"He's not going to go that far!" Nash replies.

"How do you know? I mean y'all already beat me up, publicly humiliate me, you guys even took my best friend away from me." I sigh looking down.

"Shay? You don't know? She got jealous of you Clara. You were always the perfect one in her eyes.. She started dating Matt and started thinking now she is better than everyone. I don't disagree with her though... You are the perfect one. You've never done any of the things we did. I am so sorry about this summer... I just... It wasn't the best time for me Clara and I've known them forever so I went along with it... I got to know you and next thing I knew I couldn't stop thinking about you. I'm not lying. The boys don't even know I'm here. I didn't even go to the party. I snuck in through your window. You are perfect Clara." he says.

I look down then back up, "I'm not perfect."

"Clara..." Nash says.

"No Nash... Even when you're not around the guys, you still hurt me... Remember when you came over about the project. I don't want to hear it... Please leave." I say avoiding eye contact.

"Fine.. Whatever." he says then turns around and leaves slamming the door behind him.

Frick.... I turn to my window and then see something... What is that? Its like a shape coming towards my window. Next thing I know my window burst open and a fast comes towards me pushing me off my bed.. I sit up terrified the lights start flickering there's wind all around my room. The face then comes at me again and next thing I know all I see is darkness.