10, would you?

chapter- ten
[real life, social media]

emily, nick, and madi are in emilys room watching movies. they have been since they got home from mcdonalds.

matt and chris were downstairs in the living room.

"so none of us saw any cute guys or anything today?" madi asks as she looks over to her two friends. emily shakes her head no in response.

"nope" nick says. nick then turns to emily a few seconds later. "emily do you ever see yourself dating chris?" nick asks her.

madi scrunches her face at the question and looks over to nick and emily. emily looks at nick with a confused facial expression.

"what?" nick questions. "why would you ask that" madi asks. "because i was curious and me and alahna were talking about it earlier" nick says; answering the question truthfully.

"why were you guys even talking about that" emily then asks. "we were bored and were thinking who would date in the friend group" nick tells her.

madi sits there lost in her thoughts. who would be the people to date in the friend group? obviously not nick. certainly not me. ew. matt? i dont think so. alahna? nope. chris? emily? maybe.

"im curious now too. would you?" madi says. emily looks at the two. "are you guys serious?" she asks them.

"yes" nick says. madi hums in response. emily is now sitting there thinking, lost in her thoughts. "i dont know" emily tells them.

but the thing is, she does know. emily has liked chris since the beginning of summer, just recently. or she just recently figured out she liked chris. who knows how long shes liked the guy. but she knows that chris doesnt like her that way. or she thinks that he doesnt at least.

nick looks over to madi and she looks back at him. they smile at each other. "i bet shes going to realize she likes him before christmas"  nick says while looking at madi.

"no, i bet shes going to find out she likes him and will admit it around christmas" madi tells nick; pointing her finger at him while she talks.

emily smiles a little, knowing that both of them are semi right. not about the christmas part though. god no. but if one of them are right, its madi or neither of them.

"how much are you willing to bet?" nick asks her, "fifty" madi says. "higher, i bet a hundred" nick says. clearly confident in his answer which makes emily want to laugh. "bet" madi says; putting her hand out for him to shake which he does.

"well one of us is getting money winter break" nick says. "me" madi tells him laying back down in her previous position. "we'll see about that" nick says; also laying back down like he was a minute ago.

emily playfully rolls her eyes at what she just witnessed but continues to watch the movie playing on her tv.

-

"chris you have to" matt tells him. "no i dont, why do i have to" chris asks. "because its not good for you to keep it a secret, overtime its going to get stronger and one day your just going to break" matt explains to him.