13, hey mom

chapter-thirteen

[real life, imessage]

-

Emily parks her car in her driveway and gets out of it; shutting the door and locking the car. she doesnt notice the other car in the driveway though. she's busy thinking.

she walks into the house; shutting the door behind her. "hey emily" she hears. it makes her  freeze in her tracks and put her phone in her back pocket. texting her friends were gonna have to wait a bit.

"hey mom" emily says; walking further into the house. "how's school going so far" her mom asks. emily walks to the couch so she can sit down and still have some sort of distance away from her mother that's sitting on the kitchen stool.

"its going okay" she says. her and her mom aren't close and don't really have a bond with one another since she's always out working and barely hang out or talk so its kind of awkward between them.

"I left you money on the counter so you can get more groceries and things that you want and for you to eat" the mom explains. emily looks over her shoulder to see her mom that's already looking at her and gives a warm smile.

"thank you" she tells her. the mom nodding in response. "how's your friends?" she asks. "oh they're good, we've been hanging out a lot" emily explains while fidgeting with her fingers.

the mom gets up from her stool and walks over to the counter; grabbing the money and walking over to emily. she looks up at her now that she's standing in front of her.

she grabs her hand and puts the money in it. "I have to go again but im happy I got to see you. ill be back soon okay?" she says. emily nods in response.

"bye I love you, be safe" her mom tells her as she starts walking to the door with her bag over her shoulder. "I love you too, be safe mom" she replies back.

then she leaves and shuts the door. knowing that she won't see her for a while again. she looks down at the money in her hands and decides to count it to see how much she has to spend since her mom didnt clarify.

$539 is how much she gave her. so she made a mental note to go grocery shopping tomorrow since she started running out of things to eat.

she grabs the money so she can put it in her little wallet that she has and makes sure the front door is locked then makes her way upstairs.

she takes a shower while she thinks about what happened today. after she's done, she gets in bed and gets on her phone to do what she's been needing to do for a while.

[imesssge]

matt-mattswift
lime- emily

lime
hey mattt

mattswift
hey emilyy

lime
did you talk to chris yet??

mattswift
no not yet but i should huh

lime
yes you should 😇

mattswift
okayyyy i'll brb then

lime
okay thank youu

delivered

[real life]

matt turns off his phone and gets up from his bed after he texted emily. he walks over to the door of his bedroom and opens it.

he jumped immediately. "hey matt" nick says while smiling at him. "holy shit you scared me" matt tells him; holding his hand over his chest. nick laughs at him and his reaction.

"sorry, im just bored" nick says while walking into his siblings room with matt following behind. "well then come on" matt tells him; turning around and making his way back to the door.

nicks confused but follows him anyway. they go down the hall and to chris' room. matt knocks on it. no answer. matt and nick share a look then nick opens the door slowly.

chris is sleeping peacefully in his bed, holding trevor that's also asleep. "aww" nick says. matt is fast to hit him in the shoulder. "be quiet idiot" matt whisper yells.

nick has his jaw open; his face easily showing that matts punch hurt and is holding his shoulder.

"do you think he just had a bad day?" matt asks him while looking over at the two sleeping. nick follows his eyes. "maybe, if it happens again we should ask him faster so he doesn't get to avoid the question" nick explains.

after a few seconds of silence. nick looks over to matt and sees a slight look of worry on his face. "he's never acted like this before" matt tells him.

"it'll be okay matt, everything will go back to normal again tomorrow. now cmon let's let them sleep" he says as he grabs matts shoulder to lead the two out of the room.

they leave the room and go back to matts room. matt is going to text emily while nick is gonna watch tv. 

matt walks back to chris' room to shut his door since he forgot to. then after a few seconds, chris opens his eyes again. hearing everything that happened.

chris then grabs his phone from on the other side of trevor to look at his notifications.

[imessage]

matt- mattswift
lime- emily

mattswift
i couldnt ask him because
he was sleeping

lime
ohh that's okay
there's always tomorrow

mattswift
yup, btw nick is being nosy
and peaking over my shoulder

lime
TELL NICK I SAID HI

mattswift
he says hi😭
he's gonna facetime you

lime
bet

[chris' notifications]

flower 🌸
hey chris, i js wanted to know
if your okay

sent 30 mins ago

flower 🌸
nvm, i hope ur having a good sleep
i'll tty tmr, hope u feel better chris

sent 5 mins ago

[real life]

chris sees her messages but turns off his phone again; leaving her messages on delivered. he cuddles back with trevor and closes his eyes to sleep.

life is gonna be so different and difficult with this plan my god.

Nailea talks

i wanted to update for evie PLUS i've been trying to write again sooooo. hope this is okay